Had an Opportunity to Meet a Politician

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RonRC

Reaction score
Nothing like a face-to-face with a politician to discover what they really are like. Looked him straight in the eyes and realized that when his tongue was flapping, he was up top no good.
H2U9ke.jpg

Ron

Ron's politician doesn't have the hair thing. Otherwise, it and The Donald are on par.  For certain, they both have "New York Values".

Trump scares the willies out of me for the country. :affraid:  

I would kiss that snake first before shaking Trump's hand. 
I am glad to hear the sanity here.

:Salute:

Man Ron I dont know if going shooting with you now is a good idea or not u messin with politicians like that.  I might bring the 45 colt with some birdshot just to charm him. Al

No worries, Al.
The guy with the rattlesnake isn't me. I am.....broader in girth. :D 
This was at a site in Pennsylvania where a research, innovative acid mine drainage treatment system was built. When it comes to poisonous snakes, that fellow was much braver than I am.

However, I did catch a timber rattler in Virginia, near my house, but I did NOT handle it with my naked hands!
Ron

What we all need to decide by November is whether we want more of the same. I do believe Woodrow Wilson was never a politician and much like Trump's march today for high political office, Wilson got his notoriety being a big business-only man.

Who knows/.... maybe a real business man atmosphere is what the White House really needs..... someone that isn't bought-off by his constituents. The thought scares all of us. But it may be the best thing to ignite this country's trade deficits and create new jobs. The idea of a big wall to block the southern entry points is a good idea to me.... as long as Mehico pays for it, like Trump insists will happen.

I woke up this morning wanting Bill and Hillary back on Pennsylvania Ave. But I'm not dead-committed to it and have many months to decide differently. Yes,. I alreay know the Clinton stand on guns.  So no need to mention that in-reply, for what the Clintons desire will never get passed anyways. This country is well underway to have everyone packing guns in another 10-15 years. That movement is soundly entrenched already.

Everyone packing will help keep us all alive in a time of need. Too many unarmed people getting murdered.

I am done with this. I'm ending my posting involvement in this topic right here.

Trump funding himself is just another con like the rest of his dribble.

If he gets the GOP nomination he wants to be paid back the money he spent, and will then accept super-pac money for the general election.

patocazador said:
It's time to face reality, no matter who gets elected, we are screwed!
Your exactly right I'm afraid.  It's amusing to listen to people trying to defend any of the candidates by putting the other candidates down.  Each of them on both sides have done enough to confirm that we're probably screwed.  I'll vote for one of them but you won't find me defending the actions of any of them. They all have issues...

Michigan Primary was today and I voted for Bill and Hillary. The last Republican I voted for was Reagan in 1980.

Still many months before November. Lots of time to decide other than returning Monica's former boyfriend back to the White House.... but this time as First Man.

I joke about the quality of the politicians, like the rattlesnake, but I am in a state of shock for this presidential election.
THESE are the best candidates that we can be offered to elect to the presidency? I could list each one running and write pages on their negative attributes.

Frankly, I think that the desire to run for President should disqualify an individual from the outset. That desire suggests a quest for power, approval, the possession of an oversized ego and an acceptance for lack of integrity and a willingness to be bought and sold by special interests.

If the qualifications for candidacy for president were attributes like experience in managing large numbers of people, large budgets, bringing together people of disparate and diverse opinions to function, produce and work efficiently, then the top candidates wouldn't be politicians, but people working in the real world. However, I think that many of the top, intelligent, insightful, knowledgeable business people, military leaders and other non-politicians would find that running for president would be a step down in status.

It has been said before, and I repeat, that we get who we deserve. I wish that wasn't the case, but can see why it is when I hear interviews members of our electorate. The thoughts, if we can be generous enough to call them that, are shallow and reflect the short Twitter messages, bumper stickers and 20 second sound bites of our modern culture.

The most thoughtful statement I can make at the moment is: "Arghhhhh!" :evil:

Ron

The only candidate that looks and sounds like a president is Kasich. He has a good track record and is not negative about his competition. I don't see him lying about anything and has nothing in his past that will get him in trouble. Unlike Hillery who i'd never trust.

I hope America wakes up to Kasich, but I doubt it. Way too many dumb people in this country.

Kasich is the only one I feel semi-good about. People from Ohio can give us the straight poop.

Michigan is a fierce rival of Ohio. Been that way for over 100 years.

I hate even entering / passing thru Ohio, but would vote for Kasich, if I switch parties by November. He would even be a good Vice Presidential choice for the lone Republican that remains on November's ballot.

You don't have to switch parties to vote in the general election. I'm a registered Democrat and vote for Republicans more often than not. Unfortunately, the only chance Kasich has is for Trump's limo to go into a pond or over a cliff.

Kasich has a chance if Trump doesn't get 1237 delegates. Then it goes to a convention. Slim chance, but a chance none the less. Kasich will need to stay until the end though.

In 1952 Eisenhower didn't enter the race until the summer but back then the party and delegates picked the presidential nominee.

If it hasn't changed, you vote for a delegate. That delegate is free to vote however he/she chooses in the convention. Some delegates feel obligated to vote for the candidate they originally represented in the first round. After that the politicking can sway them to vote for anyone, even a new candidate that never ran in the primaries.

Latest posts

Back