Has anyone seen these?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well why not. Tbh the accutips as stated previously, shoot very well out of my Savage slug gun. And all they have to do is package the 20 ga slug projectile with a sabot and sell it. No additional r&D required. The barnes 20ga expander bullets are the best shooting slugs for my slug gun. That same projectile, 250gr barnes shoots very good out of the muzzy.

I'm happy with my Barnes and possibly the Fury Star Tips that didn't get to try a deer last fall. Remington screwed up the Copper Solid a few years back so that takes then out of the copper/brass bullet leagues. With the holes in the plastic pointy thing, I'd almost bet that Michigan Muzzy gets his wish for a whistling muzzy bullet. Kinda like the whistles people put on bumpers to warn deer.

The promotional video stated that the bullets are of a similar design to the shotgun rounds that they produce. I looked into the product yesterday and they are just .50 caliber at this time. I inquired about about a .40 caliber bullet to be used in a .45 caliber muzzle loader. I would prefer to buy just the bullets to the fact that my 45 caliber muzzleloaders have different bore diameters.
What did the guys at Remington say when you inquired about the 40 and 45 cal version?

I have shot only one deer in my life with a shotgun, and that was using an Accutip. Living in IL, up until this last season we could only use a shotgun, ML, or pistol during firearms season, so needless to say most individuals used shotguns. Hands down, the Savage 220, along with the Remington Accutips is what the individuals I know go after. At 100yrds I have seen them group within 1.5". Great bullets. I'm not going to be using these new ML bullets, but if they are as accurate as the saboted slugs, then they should sell well.

Well why not. Tbh the accutips as stated previously, shoot very well out of my Savage slug gun. And all they have to do is package the 20 ga slug projectile with a sabot and sell it. No additional r&D required. The barnes 20ga expander bullets are the best shooting slugs for my slug gun. That same projectile, 250gr barnes shoots very good out of the muzzy.
This is all that my son will use, along with most of the other guys I know that hunt with their rifled barrels. Savage 220 is absolutely awesome if you want to hunt deer with a shotgun.

Back