hello from Washington state.

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
hi, I'm a life long shooter and have always been in it for the fun of the sport. Well, I will be 75 this year and with all this political BS going on I'm thinking this isn't fun or not as much fun as it used to be. I am too young to just stop everything. I KNOW, how about fishing, drifting down the river not a care in the world "STOP WRONG". Seams the bobbleheads in Olympia have decided that I and the other like-minded boat fishermen are responsible for the lack of steelhead. So executive order #xxxx No More evil fishing boats on our rivers. NOW, WHAT? Well, I remembered days past watching a group of Smoke Polers I believe they were called laughing and talking, shooting, and smiling having a great time. Their families were there all enjoying each other. No stopwatches no magazine changes, speed shooting took on a new meaning for me. So here I am. I had given my TC Hawkins To my son who said he wasn't quite ready to give it back yet. We know what that means. So when I saw another one for sale I lost no time in making a deal with its owner. And here I am ready to meet good people, under the radar', not having things turn upside down with each new administration. Yes I'll sit down now.o_O

Welcome to the Modern Muzzleloader Forum :lewis:

I spent my first 38-39 Years on the Wa Coast, I was Born & Raised there, The BEST decision i ever made was to move away from there about 10-11 Years ago. It was a GREAT Place to Grow up as a Kid, From AWESOME Fishing to Hunting, I did it all, But it sure went down the CRAPPER starting about early 2000s, I haven’t even been back to Visit, and Don’t plan to EVER see it again, I would rather Remember what it was, than it what it became

Amen to that. This little town with a wintertime population in the hundreds when we first came here would swell into a thousand plus but that kept 1 small grocery and a state-run liquor store going thru winter. About 10 years ago things started to change a whole new group with $money to burn moved in they bought hotels turned them into Privet fishing clubs, a motel/restaurant into a members-only resort,
now the people who are here for the summer are different. Instead of early to bed and wetlines before the sun hits the water it's rock music till 11 and kids driving quads & golf carts down the streets and fish when we get up. Needless to say, we are on the look again but a lot of others are looking also for whatever reason.

Yah I live in Pasco (at least not westside)but i'very hunted Montana and northern Idaho last 20 some years.I don'the even buy a lic.here anymore.I'very threatened to move to one or the other for ever,but have little construction business here so hard to do.Different people there not these u pity assholes.Drank a lot a beer in camps where I didn'the even know anyone.trying to get back there one more time. (Stage4 cancer)sound like the kinda guy I'd drink a beer with around the old campfire listening to the wolf's howl.

:welcome: From the dark side, I mean the other side...NY

Latest posts

Back