Hello to all

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1Shot

Reaction score
Hi
I'm a newby to muzzleloaders I just bought my first one a T/C ENCORE PRO HUNTER in Stainless, Fluted, Realtree Hardwoods HD toped with Nikon Omega scope.
I never shot one until about a week ago then went out with a frind and shot his then went looking for one and bought the above one I have shot it about 100 times and realy like it .
I will probily have alot of questions so dont get to mad at me my dad always said the only stupid question is the 1 thats was not asked.

LT

Welcome to the forum it is great to have you here.

You have an excellent rifle and rig. I am sure it will serve you well. Any question you might have or concern, feel free to ask.. There is no such thing as a dumb question...

Thanks for the welcome cayuga
Is this a 200 yard gun if i keep it cleaned rite?
I wont have to many questions.Some of them have been ansered by just reading other posts but when I do I will ask.
LT

If someone asked me what rifle I would recommend for 200 yard shooting, your rifle would be one of them at the top of the list. Granted it will take good optics and practice, but the Encore is a great rifle. If you want to shoot 200 yards at deer size game, try some 200 & 250 grain Shockwaves with 100 & 150 grains of powder. One of those combinations should work.

There are other projectiles out there that can also work for you, but for the time being I would get a base load that shoots well. Then experiment as you get time.

Latest posts

Back