LK-93 Vs Black Diamond first impressions

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MTY

Reaction score
I have not shot either one enough yet to be certain about accuracy, and I have used different loads in each. The bullets tested so far have been 270 grain hollow points by Buffalo Bullet in Ca simply because there were two hundred in my junk box. The LK has a slight edge so far in accuracy, but messing around could change that.

There are firesights on the BD, and a peep on the LK with a black front. I can see the sights better on the BD, but I can see the front sight and target more clearly with the peep. It is a NECG weaver mount peep, so I may try it on the BD. I want to find a f/o front for the LK, the ones in my junk box were too tall. With the peep bottomed out, the front sight on the LK is just right. Not too tall, not too short, just right. I have a Merit somewhere, it used to ride on my old 45/70.

The trigger on the LK is far superior. Perhaps the BD trigger could be worked over.

The BD certainly loads easier, and the barrel does not seem to be as tight as the LK.

The LK is much handier than the BD, but it kicks much harder than the BD. 85 grains of T7 3F is rougher on the shoulder than 100 of the same in the BD.

Using RWS caps, the LK punched a disc out of the center of one cap and lodged it in the nipple. I had best get extra nipples for the field just in case.

Right now I am leaning towards the LK, but I will continue to play with both. It never hurts to have a backup. As a side note, I paid more for the NECG peep than I did for either rifle.

Over the years I had also come into possession of a Knight Disc. The cheek piece on that rifle was too high for me to ever get a cheek weld and still see sights. It went down the road before I ever fired it. Most of the muzzle loader junk I have came with the Disc as part of the trade.

It is a good thing I am up here by myself as I have been scrubbing the rifles up in the new kitchen sink. Hot soapy water, heat gun, oil, and back together all on the new kitchen counter.

Did you have the trigger in your BD worked on, or is it factory?

Right now I am leaning towards the LK, but I will continue to play with both. It never hurts to have a backup. As a side note, I paid more for the NECG peep than I did for either rifle.
what NECG PEEP did you get.. dont see one list for a knight muzzleloader??

106 Weaver, it clamps onto a weaver style base. It appears well made, but you cannot screw the peep out and use it as a ghost ring.

Back