Conversion of Knight LK-93 from nipple to 209 primer

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Danny Ross

Reaction score
Copied over from: Conversion of Knight LK-93 from nipple to 209 primer

P1010016.JPGI recently picked up a rough Knight LK-93 at a pawn shop for not much money and decided it would be a good project platform. I looked at a commercial conversion kits, but the price was prohibitive.

I decided it was also unnecessary. Instead I modified the original hammer and build a new nipple to accept a 209 primer.

I widened the opening of the hammer to 3/8" (.375), then drilled into it to a depth of about .4 inch with a diameter of.312. I made two inserts, one with a flat surface for use with the original nipple, and a second with a firing pin to engage the 209 primer. To hold them in place I drilled a hole from the side threaded to take a 10-32 set screw.

The breech plug is threaded for a 1/4-28 screw, and I made the thread of the fitting for the 209 primer to fit in the original breech plug.

I fired the rifle using both the 11mm cap and the 209 primer, and they both functioned well. The only problem was inserting the 209 primer into the fitting. I had to remove the hammer from the rifle to get my fingers in place to put it in. P1010016.JPGP1010016.JPG

Back