Hornady LOCK-N-LOAD SPEED SABOT

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Loggy

Reaction score
Anyone ever try these or know anything about them? I'm not a pellet shooter but know there are some here. Sure seems to be a very convenient way to load/preload plus would provide fast second shot for those RARE occasions when needed. :lol:

LNL_Speed_Sabot__r2_c2.jpg

1) Loaded With Hornady?s Premium SST-ML Bullet
The SST-ML delivers inline performance that rivals your centerfire rifle, and is the only muzzleloading bullet that can claim true 200 yard performance. The polymer tip increases the ballistic coefficient of the bullet, and initiates expansion to twice its diameter.

2) Sabot Improves Performance
Even before it leaves the barrel, the saboted Hornady SST-ML outperforms non-saboted bullets ? engaging the rifling better and improving accuracy.

3) Sabot ?Tail? Lets You Preload Your Pellets
Lock on three Pyrodex or Triple Seven pellets (or trim the tail to lock on two pellets) for fast loading in your inline muzzleloader. It makes loading and reloading your black powder rifle fast and convenient.

How do you load after the shot with all the fouling? :?

Loggy, I haven't used them but they seem to be just a gimmick to me. I can't see any difference than using a speed loader. :?

dwhunter said:
Loggy, I haven't used them but they seem to be just a gimmick to me. I can't see any difference than using a speed loader. :?

If there was a "Golden Fleece" award in muzzleloading, that would be my nomination.

And-- they have sold very, very well.

I like to shoot loose 777 anyway, so this doesn't interest me either. I am not saying they don't work, just too much money for me and less versatility.

Mike

Latest posts

Back