How fast can you push SST's and still maintain accuracy?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nic_58

Reaction score
I've found excellent accuracy from my Omega .50 using 110 grs. T7ffg and the 200 gr. Shockwaves, no need to look much further for a load for that gun. I've only been to the range once with my Disc Elite .50 using the same load as the Omega and accuracy was pretty respectable for the first time out with that particular gun, especially considering the wind was pretty stout that day. I'm pretty certain I can shrink the groups even further with the Elite on a calmer day. I am going to be trying some heavier charges of T7ffg next time out with it, probably 120 and 125 gr. under the 200 Shockwaves and also 250 SST's w/ Harvester or MMP sabots. Has anyone else had any degree of accuracy with a Disc Elite .50 using 120-125 grs. of T7 and the above mentioned bullet/sabot combinations? I know Big6x6 used a load like this on an antelope hunt awhile back but since we've switched to the new board, I can't go back and check the archives! Any input from anyone with experience with these loads is appreciated as always!

Back