Knight Muzzle Loader Load Issues

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The to hot primer pushes the powder forward before it can properly be ignited
Sorry but that is a myth and he is using BH209 which ignites best with a hot primer but others will work in good breech plugs. Besides, the Federal 209A is way hotter than a Cheddite. ;)

You guys have listed some very good info in this thread and I will be implementing them with my guns.

Thanks All!

Being that Black MZ is no longer made try and get you hands on some Shooter's World black. Also I never had any luck with SSTs. Plain old 300 gr XTPs are usually pretty accurate. And lean on that ramrod and compress that charge.

I think I'd try T7 for a trial session or two. Myself I prefer the fffg granular and think its about as close to BH as any powder can get, but maybe your gun will act better with T7 fffg or ffg granular. Too many people simply get hung up on a specific powder and fight with accuracy issues when a simple switch might make all the difference in the world.

I think I'd try T7 for a trial session or two. Myself I prefer the fffg granular and think its about as close to BH as any powder can get, but maybe your gun will act better with T7 fffg or ffg granular. Too many people simply get hung up on a specific powder and fight with accuracy issues when a simple switch might make all the difference in the world.
I agree 100% Tom. Not only powder but also bullets. How many on this thread alone have guys said to use Fury bullets. Like they're a magical projectile that will solve all the issues. Yeah they're good but if I were the OP I would first try a different powder or a different bullet. Before spending a lot of money on bullets like Furys try a 300 gr XTP in a black Harvester CR sabot. If it doesn't shoot those consistently the i'd switch scopes, new or not.

Latest posts

Back