Hunting rests

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spitpatch

Reaction score
I know we all have our preferences for range work--but, What kind of hunting rest should I be considering and why? I know it depends on where and what I'm hunting out of---on the ground, box blind, tree stand, ground blind etc..

The problem is I hunt from all of them. What works best for a climbing tree stand? ladder stand? off the ground? I would like to narrow it down to a couple types that I can carry in my truck. Any one use the rest that attaches to your belt?

Chuck,
I'm curious, what kind of rest did you use to take your pronghorn?

Chuck,

STONEY POINT STEADY STIX. And I practiced shooting from them before I went on the hunt. I really like them!

big6x6 said:
Chuck,

STONEY POINT STEADY STIX. And I practiced shooting from them before I went on the hunt. I really like them!

Were you standing, sitting, kneeling? Which position gives most stability. I've never used shooting sticks.

Were you standing, sitting, kneeling? Which position gives most stability. I've never used shooting sticks.

Sitting on my rear!

I hunt with primarily climbing & ladder type treestands. I never use a rest in either. I have developed a very solid shooting technique with my arms propped on knees. All my treestand seat heights have been modified accordingly to do so. The less things I have up there the better...at least for me. If shooting on rear side of tree.... i rest against tree.

Batchief909 said:
All my treestand seat heights have been modified accordingly to do so.

How do ya carry them Yellow Pages up there? :lol:

Last couple of years the Sunday Paper worked. Keeps gettin thicker all the time. Plus offers some reading when things are a little slow. :lol:

Back