Tree stands. Looking for a climber.

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What do you hunt from? Can pick more than one.

• Stalk, no blind

Votes: 6 20.7%
  • Ground Blind

Votes: 12 41.4%
  • Tripod Style Stand

Votes: 2 6.9%
  • Ladder Tree Stand

Votes: 15 51.7%
  • Climber Tree Stand

Votes: 17 58.6%
  • Saddle Style

Votes: 4 13.8%
  • Hard Sided Penthouse

Votes: 4 13.8%
  • Open Window or Door

Votes: 1 3.4%

• Total voters
The Gunslinger is the safest and most comfortable of them all just do a google search for them order direct I thing they are made in Georgia
know some people that love them, i've thought about trying one, i love my goliath no reason to change right now, but ive heard very good things about them. I got a few friends that absolutely love theirs

Nice, I'm jealous. Still have 15 days till I get to try it out. Only have a lil 6in mulberry in the backyard to try it out on unless I get lit up enough handing out candy I go climb the neighbors trees late tonight. Lol
isn't it weird all the deer are usually on the neighbors property too and they don't hunt or allow hunting, atleast in my experience. Guess the deer are even smarter than we give them credit LOL

isn't it weird all the deer are usually on the neighbors property too and they don't hunt or allow hunting, atleast in my experience. Guess the deer are even smarter than we give them credit LOL
Definitely smarter then we give them credit for. And another yes to always on the neighbors property. Sitting in a stand watching them across the fence/property line. Ugh

I have done all types of hunting in many places. Back home It is mostly stand hunting, with the majority on public land. I have or have had about every brand and system. each has pros and cons. The big thing is, what type of hunter are you? Comfort is heavy. Are you the type to not go in far, or wander around looking for a spot? Do you typically sit only a few hours or all day? do you have a planned spot, tree picked (always have a plan B...) There is a huge difference in a few pounds of weight, and size the further you have to carry. Also, most backpask systems that come with the stand are garbage. A good comfortable shoulder system with a padded belt is worlds away from some nylon straps and paracord to hold it together. I have comfortable stands, and light trekkers, they each have their place. Where you hunt, and how goes a long way to determine what is best. Typically what is best is several stands. No one is best for every situation. But you age, fitness, home terrain and typical hunting style/ time of sit go a long way to determine what stand may be a good start

I have done all types of hunting in many places. Back home It is mostly stand hunting, with the majority on public land. I have or have had about every brand and system. each has pros and cons. The big thing is, what type of hunter are you? Comfort is heavy. Are you the type to not go in far, or wander around looking for a spot? Do you typically sit only a few hours or all day? do you have a planned spot, tree picked (always have a plan B...) There is a huge difference in a few pounds of weight, and size the further you have to carry. Also, most backpask systems that come with the stand are garbage. A good comfortable shoulder system with a padded belt is worlds away from some nylon straps and paracord to hold it together. I have comfortable stands, and light trekkers, they each have their place. Where you hunt, and how goes a long way to determine what is best. Typically what is best is several stands. No one is best for every situation. But you age, fitness, home terrain and typical hunting style/ time of sit go a long way to determine what stand may be a good start
100% second this. Good advice

I've got a pop up blind I like alot. But it's super heavy and awkward to carry so it doesn't go out far. If it does travel out a ways it stays out for the season.

The new climber will do the same. I prioritize comfort. I know the goliath is going to suck to carry out but it only has to go out once a season as I hunt private land so it will stay in the area I carry it to for the remainder of the year.

No way would I use one of those Gunslinger tree stands nor will I use the Tree Lounge. I would be way too comfortable in them and likely fall asleep. I've been known to fall asleep in a hang on stand already. That's why I am sure my tether is high enough so there is tension on it when I'm sitting!

No way would I use one of those Gunslinger tree stands nor will I use the Tree Lounge. I would be way too comfortable in them and likely fall asleep. I've been known to fall asleep in a hang on stand already. That's why I am sure my tether is high enough so there is tension on it when I'm sitting!
A little knap want hurt you in a GunSlinger I don't see how you could fall out of one. only problem is you may sleep thru a chance to shoot a deer

Latest posts

Back