Hunting Scope Covers ??

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Loggy

Reaction score
Which ones do you like or dont you usem when in the field??

I use Butler Creek flip up caps on all my Leupolds. Don't know if they make 'em for the Conquests or not so I'll probably just use the "bungy" corded caps that came with them for now.

Butler Creek flip-up.. see through... (just in case I forget to open em!!)

Butler Creek flip-up.. See through... here as well.

NIC...yes they make em for the Conquests, just need to do some conversions to find the proper sizes. I have posted elsewhere here on the board the proper size for the 3-9x40 Conquest.

Oops, forgot to post what my favorite scope cover is! Second thought, I didnt forget. :lol:

And yes, I have quite a few Butler Creek's (almost as new :lol: )laying around. For me, I dont use scope covers while hunting.

AMAZING!!! Only 3 that USE or DONT USE out of 60 READS!!! Must be a hell of alot of open sight shooters here!!! :?

I prefer the old Storm Queen style. Micheal's of Oregon made them for awhile too. You can still get them if you buy a Burris scope.I have 5 or 6 sets and just change the covers around to suit the scope on the rifle I'm using that piticular day........Ken

I used the Butler Creek on my old Knight. It just sits in the gun case since I bought the HB Savage. I've been thinking on purchasing another set of Butler Creek for my HB but can't decide if I would prefer the yellow lense over the clear. Any suggestions?

I like (at least the idea) Weaver polar caps, but I have broken the little yellow buttons off of them with great regularity.

So, it is Butler Creek for the most part, nothing on A/O objectives except a "ScopeCoat" during transport.

I have both Butler Creek and Blizzards. They are used on everything, AO or not.

Most of my hunting is done from a stand, and I keep the muzzle pointed down, front cover up and back cover down in bad weather. I've never (yet) ran into where I didn't have time to flip the cover up for a shot.

Butler creek. I would also like to try thr new Leupold flip ups though.

I agree with Rifleman, nothing better at keeping moisture out and protecting the ends of the scope than the bikini cover. A couple of bucks at Wally World if you loose it. :)

Latest posts

Back