Did I screw up???

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Farmingdales Finest

Reaction score
As I said in another post last weekend I won an CVA Optima and have been asking questions here about what I need to fully outfit it.

I got a sale email from Natchez the other day and saw they had the Burris Full Field E1 in 3-9x40 which I ordered after seeing a lot of love for this scope and Burris in general over Vortex which is what I was thinking about first. My question is did I screw up? As I have read more I learned about parallax. The scope I ordered has a fixed parallax of 100 yards and I see most muzzleloader specific scopes are 50 yards while most rifle scopes seem to be 150 yards.

Did I screw up or am I over thinking this due to my inexperience?

Last edited:
As I said in another post last weekend I won an CVA Optima and have been asking questions here about what I need to fully outfit it.

I got a sale email from Natchez the other day and saw they had the Burris Full Field E1 in 3-9x40 which I ordered after seeing a lot of love for this scope and Burris in general over Vortex which is what I was thinking about first. My question is did I screw up? As I have read more I learned about parallax. The scope I ordered has a fixed parallax of 100 yards and I see most muzzleloader specific scopes are 50 yards while most rifle scopes seem to be 150 yards.

Did I screw up or am I over thinking this due to my inexperience?
Looks to me like you did real good.

Back