I Don't Get It?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Muley Hunter

Reaction score
Almost two weeks ago I bought some musket caps from Dixie Gun Works. They had a limit of 200 and that's what I bought. $59 with Hazmat fee. That's not my problem. After almost two weeks I gave them a call asking how the order was doing. She told me it would be another 3-4 weeks.

That's what I don't get. If a business is so busy that it takes 5-6 weeks to get it shipped. Why don't they hire some temporary help until it gets back to normal? There's a ton of people looking for a job. I know if I owned a business it would be what i'd do. Making customers wait 6 weeks to get an order is ridiculous.

Vent is over.

I looked everywhere before buying them. My order will stand and they better send them.

I'd like to shoot the gun I just bought. What would you suggest I use for ignition?

I pleaded for 209 primers and got nothing. I can still cancel the Dixie order. Give me another option.

I wish there was an economical way to send you some. There has to be someone close to you out there that could spare 100 or so. Maybe alocal ad?

I'd like to shoot the gun I just bought. What would you suggest I use for ignition?

I pleaded for 209 primers and got nothing. I can still cancel the Dixie order. Give me another option.
Send me your address and i will try to send you some Win 209s. Idk how many. But i will send you some. We'll see how much they want to ship em

Send me your address and i will try to send you some Win 209s. Idk how many. But i will send you some. We'll see how much they want to ship em
Thanks for the offer but I don't want anybody to get in trouble. I don't believe you can send them legally.

What I need is an online store that will ship them and i've looked for hours with no joy. My best bet is to just wait for Dixie to send the musket caps.

Do you have 200? I'll give you the $60 I was going to give Dixie. I can also send the Northwest breech plug back to Muzzle-Loader and use the BP that came on the gun. I could give that to you too.

I'd just prefer 209 over musket caps. I can clean the BP better.

We're just too damn far apart, but if you want to drive this far, I'll give you a box. What do you want? CCI209M? Federal 209A? WIN 209? Alcan-209?
I believe if I were totally out of primers, someone in the state would have enough to sell me some and not try raping me in the transaction.
I believe you're in CO???? Seems someone in the same state and on this site would offer you up enough to at least sight in the rifle.

That's funny because i've checked them everyday but today and they just got them in. I just bought some and cancelled my Dixie order. I didn't save that much money but Muzzle-Loaders will get them out right away. I've bought 3 different orders from them lately and they've all been shipped the next day. Thanks for the heads up.

I guess i'll stay with musket caps until things get back to normal.

Muley a extra 3-4 weeks normal anymore, you will still get them in plenty of time to shoot a bunch before season. i would let order stand

Latest posts

Back