If you are only gonna catch one fish....

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Mate, If you want a fight, try for European Migratory SEA TROUT in an estuary at night with a flyrod when you'r up to your belly in a running tide. 1/2lb to 15 lbs. Great Fun.. O.D.
I haven't fished for European sea trout, nor have I used a fly rod, but I have fished a lot of fast water rivers & currents at both day & night & I had 6ml chest waders & felt bottom boots.

They coulda used you for chum and targeted some of the bigger sharks. Couple a bloody Mary’s and over ya go. Thrashing on the surface pretending to swim and really bein a good shark attractor. Steve could use his pool cue rod and cranked that reel all weekend. But don’t go till your will says I get your Paramount and your new Omega, and your tractor.

I haven't fished for European sea trout, nor have I used a fly rod, but I have fished a lot of fast water rivers & currents at both day & night & I had 6ml chest waders & felt bottom boots.
Using a (any) fly rod for large mouth bass is a riot. A friend of mine only uses a little 8’ fly rod for everything now, even panfish.

Using a (any) fly rod for large mouth bass is a riot. A friend of mine only uses a little 8’ fly rod for everything now, even panfish.

Love ultralight, so I tried fly fishing. Problem is most of the places I freshwater fish there is no room for back casting, etc.

Took the fly reel off and put a micro sized spinning reel on, spooled it with 8lb braid (1lb mono diameter). Could chuck a 1/16oz beetle spin 100 yards out and the long whippy fly rod made fighting pan fish a ton of fun

Back