I'm in a dilemma

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RAF

Reaction score
I'm getting ready to work up a load for my 300 WSM. The scope I mounted on is a Bushnell 3 - 9 which used to adorn my Savage ML. Last fall I bought a new Bushnell Elite 3200 in 4 - 12 and was more than pleased. The extra magnification made a world of difference at the range and shot almost my best group ever. The 3 - 9 is more than adequate for hunting but I wanted more magnification for range work. Now I want to shoot for accuracy with the new rifle to get a true idea of which loads work best. I'm considering taking the 3200 off of the Savage and putting it on the new rifle but then I'll loose the rain guard feature on the ML, which was also an important consideration when I bought it. I kind of on the fence on this one and wouldn't mind a few opinion.

RAZORBACK said:
This is a simple one RAF. Buy another Elite or sell the 300WSM! :yeah:

:lol: :lol: . Not an option right now. Trying to maintain some peace at home after buying the new rifle and Chrony. Maybe down the road.
Can't sell the rifle either. Just bought it and haven't even shot it yet.

RAF said:
RAZORBACK said:
This is a simple one RAF. Buy another Elite or sell the 300WSM! :yeah:

:lol: :lol: . Not an option right now. Trying to maintain some peace at home after buying the new rifle and Chrony. Maybe down the road.
Can't sell the rifle either. Just bought it and haven't even shot it yet.

You are in a predicament RAF. Question is..........do you do what is right or choose domestic peace :d'oh!:

Rifleman said:
Just buy a new scope when it warms up.

Can't do it. I've been married for almost 38 years and I've learned a few things along the way. Domestic peace is important. 2ndly, every time I spend money, that's a signal for my wife to spend an equal amount :? . Build a new garage, my wife got renos for the house to the tune of 30K. I bought a rifle and Chrony, she's now looking at the kitchen cabinets, and appliances :shock: . Get the picture? :oops: Think I'd better make due for a while :wink: .

just smile you know she is the best thing to you! clint 29 yrs an counting

I think I've made a decision. I'm reluctant to take the scope off my Savage as I've got it shooting so good. Another alternative is the scope on my 22-250, which rarely gets out of the house these days. It's a Bausch and Lomb 4200 Elite in 6 - 24 with a 1/4 minute target dot. It should work even better than the 4 - 12 for load development.

Well, I did it. Right after my last post I headed to my gun room, pulled the scope off the 22-250, and replaced the 3 - 9. Used my laser bore sighter and bore sighted it. Now can't wait to shoot it.

Here's a picture of the finished unit. Sun shade is still on the scope so it looks a little long. Will likely leave it there for range purposes.

Picture259.jpg

Batchief909 said:
Might save ya from new windows too..... 8) :wink:

New windows we got this past summer, it's the new cabinets that has me worried :shock: :wink:

Rifleman said:
Nice lookin Rig Raf.

I appologize for the picture. After looking at it I realize that I should have had the rifle a little farther down on more of the white background of the blanket

Latest posts

Back