New Scope on the UL

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rugerbh103

Reaction score
I bought a used Vortex Viper 2-7 from a member here (younghunter_86). Finally got to shot it today and I'm impressed. I wanted something smaller and with lower magnification than the Leupold Target model I had on it. I really like it, clear image and the adjustments track well, wish it wasn't discontinued.

I didn't have time to drive to the range so I settled for 50 yards in the backyard. First shot after a rough bore sight was 6 inches high and 4 inches right. Made the clicks, 48 down and 32 left. Second shot was on the high edge of the bullseye. Third shot wollowed that hole out. BH209, Harvester CR Sabot, Fury STB, W209 primer.

I couldn't be happier. Need to get to the range and verify at 100 yards. I used the base that was on the gun when I bought it, I believe it's an EGW 20 MOA. I would like the objective closer to the barrel. A new base is probably in the future, but I'm not in a rush.

20240430_134953.jpg

20240430_134249.jpg

Last edited:
Back