Interesting conversation about coyotes

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RAF

Reaction score
This morning my wife and I were having breakfast in our usual Wednesday location. It's a friendly place and there are usually conversations between patrons. The folks across from us had a buffalo farm about 20 miles outside the city. Seems he has had several calves born in past week which didn't please him. He likes new calves, that's what it all about, but not this time of year. He went on to mention that a neighbor just lost a new born calf to coyotes and in the last while 3 or 4 were lost to 'yotes. Says some of the locals have taken over 300 coyotes in the past year in a 3 mile radius and there's no end to them. Some are running in packs up to 6 animals. Should have arranged for some time out there. Maybe next week.

Sounds like I would try to round up a few friends and try to set up a predator hunt, If they are losing calves due to the yote's, they probably won't mind you hunting them. If you do, let us know how it goes.

My wife and I are back in that restaurant every week and haven't seen that farmer since, although he is supposed to be a regular there. Must have other pressing matters.

Back