Iowa bow season, My son's first deer!

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
It's an exciting time around our house. My oldest son took his first deer!

His cousins have been bow hunting for a number of years now and with their help and patience, my son got the opportunity to harvest a nice doe. He has been shooting and fine tuning his equipment all summer.

On opening weekend of the season, he had several encounters with does and bucks, but nothing presented a shot. On the last evening of the hunt, this doe gave him what he had been waiting for. I believe it was a 25 yard double lung shot. She didn't go very far.

eqGDHWf.jpg

His younger brother has taken two deer so far this year with his muzzleloader so he has been feeling the pressure. Now he can relax a little and enjoy the fruits of his labor. Ya just can't beat fresh deer steaks!

congats to your son,nice placement of that arrow!

:D :!: :D :!:

CONGRATS TO YOUR SONS :!: :!: :!: Nothing like taking your first deer with a bow. Being a bow hunter also, I consider every deer taken with a bow a trophy. :!: :!:
I hope I'll get a chance to take one this year like your other son with my ACCURA.
Congrats again to your family of hunters :!: :!:

Latest posts

Back