....It's that time again .......

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hawgslayer1

Reaction score
:cheers: :cheers:

Applied for my tags, permits, for the 2016 deer season a few minutes ago on line, and like always it gets my blood flowing fast. I won't hear anything until maybe end of June. That's when the 1st lottery, residents only, will be over.
This season I'll be hunting with my .58 cal Hawken. I'll be using either Goex or OE. The hunting load will be 90 grs powder, 570 Hornady lead ball, a .015 or .018 patch with Jonathan's lube and a CCI percussion cap.
I may not get to go all 10 days like I usually go but I'll get in a couple.

Good luck gents and I hope you all fill your tags.

Ray.............. :thumbs up:

You're certainly on top of the permit application process hawg'.  I learned the hard way one season by missing a doe application deadline.

PRB in a .58 Hawken...NICE!  :Red tup:

Our applications don't start until next month. It's a hectic time trying to figure dates, species, and quota hunts for a 7 month hunting season. Then we have to wait until July to find out what we got, if anything.
Without 2-3 preference points, you might as well go fishing because you won't get drawn for anything decent.

Most likely going to be using the same rifle as you Ray! Only for deer and elk! I think my brother and I have the best chance at drawing anything. My brother for sure will draw his doe tag and use his new .54cal Hawken.

:No: :No:

Bob
IL is a little different. Residents have 1st choice and then non residents get to apply for whatever is left. We may not have a long season, 16 days with a fire arms and 3 1/2 months for archery, but the residents come first here in IL.......................HA :!:  :!: HA :!: :!:

Ray.......... ;)

GOOD LUCK GENTS............. :thumbs up:

Elk, deer. and bear here. I should get them all.

To be honest. Lately all i'm really interested in is hunting for bear. It's a much harder challenge and I enjoy that.

Bed! I wish. My back is so bad I have to sleep in the recliner chair.

Dog gets the whole queen size bed. He's not complaining.

hawgslayer said:
IL is a little different. Residents have 1st choice and then non residents get to apply for whatever is left. We may not have a long season, 16 days with a fire arms and 3 1/2 months for archery, but the residents come first here in IL.
Ray
Ray,
All of the hoop jumping IS for residents here. Non-residents have it worse. No non-resident with a brain would want to hunt in Florida .... unless it was for alligators. All the good, habitable land is taken by developers and the deer have to wear hip boots where they get pushed to.

:slaps: :slaps: 
 And I thought IL was a pain with some of their rules and regs.

Ray............... :slaps: :slaps: :slaps:

Back