JB Bore Compound

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

exMember

Reaction score
I found this stuff locally after 2 + years of waiting. I never wanted to pay the shipping costs so i was in no rush. But i finally found it!

This is the stuff Dyna Coat recommends using before applying Ultra Bore Coat. It removes carbon, metal / lead fouling.

I did Three of my rifles so far and while it didnt look any different with the naked eye, once i dropped an LED light down the bore, holy smokes! I swear the bores in the rifles now look like Black Chrome! Thats how smooth and shiny they are now. Simply amazing. Lead build up that i could see with the naked eye is gone and the rifling looks clear and crisp.

If you are going to apply Ultra Bore Coat or just want to actually CLEAN all that nasty stuff out of your barrel, this stuff is awesome! My brother in law bought it for me as a thank you for helping him on his deer hunt and it was less than $9 for a good sized jar.
http://www.brownells.com/.aspx/pid=1160/Product/J_B_reg__NON_EMBEDDING_BORE_CLEANING_COMPOUND

I have always been a big fan of JB Bore compound paste from centerfires to muzzleloaders. It does everything you just described.

I have been using JB for many many years for not only breaking in new rifles but on all rifles & ML. I,ll post in the (off topic) on how I season & clean my barrels.

Hmmmm, Ill have to look into this stuff....thanks for the info.

Key said:
Hmmmm, Ill have to look into this stuff....thanks for the info.
I recently became interested myself so your not alone.

I have used this stuff for years in competition rimfire rifle's. This stuff will cut the crud,but be willing to push some patches,because sometimes you wont even realize how dirty the barrel was until you start cleaning with this.

Latest posts

Back