Jcchartboy and Venisoneatr Striper Sunday..

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jcchartboy

Reaction score
I would like to start this post by thanking it's owners and moderators for making it such a great place to meet like minded people. I joined this board only a few short months ago. Within the first few weeks of posting here I was already fortunate enough to be meeting new friends throughout the country. One of those peolple, Venisoneatr happened to introduce himself simply because I lived about an hour away. We quickly realized we had alot in common.

Below you will find some pics of how we spent our Sunday afternoon today.

...Keep in mind, without this board and Venisoneatr's open mind, and attitude, the two of us would likely have never met...

Veni on the right...Me on the left....

(more to follow later)
e1d82fba.jpg

103_0310.jpg

b7b3da8c.jpg

103_0306.jpg

Congrats!!!! Great pics there Jeff of some nice fish for sure!! :D :D

Glad our Board contributed to your hook-up with the Venisioneater!

This Board is just in its very early stages of great things to come and appreciate U sharing your pics of such nice fish there!! Man, I love seeing those pics!!!!! :D

Ok, how bout the rest of the story!! :D Lure, live bait or whutever U used to take that nice catch.....if it aint too confidential. :lol:

I too would like to extend my sincerest thanks to all who make this board possible and in particular this forum topic!
It makes the off season time pass by much much quicker.
A few years ago I would have looked at you like you had two heads if you told me you were going fishing with a guy you met on the internet! Well now I say, what an incredible resource we have at our fingertips!! Information, wisdom, and a venue for creating friendships all available with a few simple keystrokes.
Our day started a little slow with a few run off's and 1 bluefish in the fish box.
The wind picked up so we headed in for calmer bay waters and decided to try a spot I did well at last week.
To make a long story short... it was a mad dog bite for a solid two hours. Most fish were put back to fight another day including the 37" 20 lb. striper. That's right Dwight TWENTY POUNDER RELEASED!!!!!! (she was full of eggs).
To answer your question Loggy all fish were caught meat stickin' with skimmer clams and bunker.7/0 circle hooks proved to be highly effective and even outfished standard J hooks 2 to 1.
Thanks again guys.
DSC01217.jpg

Nice Striper there VENISONEATR!! Some nice fillets there for sure. :D

Thanks for sharing pics there.

See ur fishin there from a boat in lieu of shore? Where did u launch out of & were fishin at??

I keep the boat in a slip out of Haverstraw NY. It takes me about 1.5 hours to run down to the Verrazano bridge. We started fishing the West bank of Raritan Bay and finished up the day fishing south of Reach channel in Raritan bay. It's my opinion the slot sized fish 24"-28" make for better tablefare. I thinks it'sa a good practice to release the big cow stripers. For a fish to get that big it has to have good genes so I would just as soon keep a couple slot fish and throw back the bigger ones. Just my $.02.

No Joking.....I took this picture last night as I was getting my stuff ready for fishing today. This is the view from my window. That rainbow comes down right into the water we fished today. :wink:
103_0302.jpg

Thanks Jim. Thats the size i opt for in the upper chesapeake.. Seems when they get over 30" range the taste suffers some. My best table fare of all SW fish is the flounder plus fresh tuna. :lol:

jcchartboy said:
No Joking.....I took this picture last night as I was getting my stuff ready for fishing today. This is the view from my window. That rainbow comes down right into the water we fished today. :wink:
103_0302.jpg

Nice pic Jeff. I saw that rain movin over ur way last evening.

jcchartboy said:
Did somebody mention filets?
103_0324.jpg
NICE Jeff!! I've already eaten..but now I'm startin to get hungry again. :lol: :lol: Great pic there.

Latest posts

Back