Knight disc extreme.

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I beagle

Reaction score
I bought a disc extreme a bit ago when knight had them on sale. It came with the fpj, I changed it out for a bare primer with new breech plug and adapter from ssk. I swapped that out the other day. I haven't got it to the range yet, just been messing with it here in the house. Is the only way u can put the primer in is releasing the bolt pin and sliding the bolt farther back. This is the first disc muzzleloader I've had. Might sound like a dumb question, but just wondering? Thanks for your time! Darin Probably didn't need the pics but anyway. U can see bolt all the way closed, open as far back as the bolt will go, and with the bolt open with the bolt pin . Even with it open all the way, still not gonna be easy getting a primer in there. Just wondered if there was an easier way!

IMG_1026.jpegIMG_1027.jpegIMG_1026.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_1028.jpeg
    IMG_1028.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
Are you sure you goy a DISC bare primer BP and not an Mountaineer or Ultra Lite BP. The DISC plug is shorter than the Mountaineer Ulite plug.

The pics are not clear enough for me to see for sure. If you have the right plug in then you just drop the primer in the opening of the primer adapter and close the bolt.

The package said, for disc extreme, that's all I know! Thanks for your comment. I took the best picture I could, sorry it wasn't clear! Just not much room to get a primer in!

Take some pictures of the Bolt, Adapter, and Breechplug out of the ML. We might be able to figure out what is wrong then. Not real clear from the pictures posted.

Ok. Thank you. Will be busy this weekend, but when I get a chance, will do just that.

IMG_1035.jpegIMG_1036.jpegIMG_1038.jpegimage.jpg
These are the pics that people asked for:
Bolt, breech plug, adapter
The bag the breech plug came in with the fpj breech plug I took out
This is a breech plug for a mountaineer, a little longer than the extreme breech plug
And the picture of the bolt with the adapter and breech plug for the extreme out of the gun! Hope this helps clarify what I was talking about. People wanted to see the parts out of the gun! Thank you!

That's what I said, the mountaineer plug (bare primer). Is longer than the bare primer for extreme!

Looks like you're putting the Mountaineer bp in when you should have installed the disc bp. As Sabotloader said, you just drop the primer in the opening for it. There is no reason you should have to remove the bolt.

I did get it figured out. I had the correct breech plug in the gun. I just didn't understand that the primer went in the hole of the adapter. It was sabotloaders reply that made me figured it out. And it seems to work pretty slick! Still haven't shot it but now understand a bit more. Thanks for helping me figure it out!

I had 2 different primers, Put them in and made sure the bolt shut. Didn't shoot it yet, will soon! Have to get a .52 jag for the ftx bullets that I got , then I'll be set! Thanks for the help!

I did get it figured out. I had the correct breech plug in the gun. I just didn't understand that the primer went in the hole of the adapter. It was sabotloaders reply that made me figured it out. And it seems to work pretty slick! Still haven't shot it but now understand a bit more. Thanks for helping me figure it out!
I was a bit confused myself (back in 2013) which is why I have a bunch of pics. I had to post on this site and Smyrnagc set me straight.

Depending on the primer you use, after a shot, the primer may not want to easily pop out. I just slide the bolt back an pull the trigger again to loosen it. Maybe not the best practice but my breach shoots so clean I don't want to mess with it.

Last edited:
A little tip and I forget who told me. I think it was Sabotloader. Now its a habit and standard practice. I was having a heck of a time getting the spent primers out of the "pocket" in the bolt after the shot. I would have to remove the bolt and the adapter to get the primer out. It was getting frustrating. Now after I shoot, I raise and lower the bolt and drop the hammer on the spent primer then open the bolt. Every once in a while the primer will fly out like an ejected shell casing! Tilt the rifle and the primer usually falls out. If not, a tap on the right side of the forend usually makes it fall out.

Back