Knight MK-85

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xdmalder

Reaction score
What would the value of a Knight MK-85 be in about 90% condition. Stainless barrel and grey/green laminate stock

Having recently acquired two MK85’s, the only negative I can find is that they’re dirty compared to my DISC rifle. Other than that, I like the weight and “feel” better than the Disc.

I have an mk85 in .54 caliber was made in 1986..I shoot idaho Lewis’s i bullet innit with 75 grains of Swiss and it is very accurate..dirty..but accurate..stick with the #11 cap or musket cap and as long as you aren’t using really heavy loads the blowback isn’t that bad

I believe it's been converted to 209 already. What is needed to go back
The "hammer" is universal for 209 or caps but its really hard on nipples/caps. There is a small cone in there that you dont need with caps. Luckily a complete assembly is pretty cheap and you could remove the cone with common tools assuming you have some mechanical skills.

What gm54-120 said..it will go boom with the 209 striker but I can tell you from experience you will need a new nipple..sometimes in as quick as just a few shots it will swell it..I literally just got a spare striker for my mk85 with a flat face off eBay 2 months ago.

Knight MK 85 is an awesome gun that is in my opinion is one of the best in-lines ever. I acquired one a few months ago and am amazed at the accuracy using a wide variety of charges. I shoot T7 with a W209 primer and so far have never developed a crud ring while shooting it in this particular gun.

Like stated earlier, $300-$400

Since i'm in west tx, muzzleloaders dont sell well here so I can get them a little bit cheaper.

But I have bought 3 mk85's in the past 1.5 year. I'll probably keep buying them as long as they keep popping up on the market. I love them.

Latest posts

Back