Knight Vision Muzzleloader

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Loggy

Reaction score
Just received my June 2005 NRA Hunter Magazine and see on the cover...the Knight Vision Muzzleloader.

Anyone know anything about them? Their Web says will be out this summer...I think July.

Vision.jpg

I know. It looks like a good one. Maybe Randy will test one. :D

Its style lines sorta reminds me of my Grandfathers ole Mod 99 300 Savage. I like the looks. :D

It sure looks better than that Revultion or whatever they call it.
:)
Jim

Loggy said:
Just received my June 2005 NRA Hunter Magazine and see on the cover...the Knight Vision Muzzleloader.

Anyone know anything about them? Their Web says will be out this summer...I think July.

Loggy, it seems you are really getting into this muzzleloading thing a little bit. :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Better off Mrs. Loggy does not know you are entertaining such thoughts :?:

RandyWakeman said:
Loggy said:

Loggy, it seems you are really getting into this muzzleloading thing a little bit. :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Better off Mrs. Loggy does not know you are entertaining such thoughts :?:

AMEN Randy! The Safe Combo is off limits to Mrs. Loggy for sure!! :lol:

Hey, when the Knight Vision comes out...be great to have you work it over in one of your reviews.

Nice Pic of the Real thing! :D Always something new emerging in our sport to keep us all interested.

I examined the prototypes at the SHOT show, where I snapped the pic.

It uses red plastic jackets, but not a bad thing at all-- with the new breechplug. Built in extractor, if memory serves. Price point is very good as well; no flashy surfaces to stand out in the woods.

Carbon steel only, at least for now. However, that can save some weight-- and in a sulfur-free world, not as important as when shooting Pyrodex. It came to the shoulder well, and balanced well. A lot can happen between prototype and standard production-- but, I liked what I saw.

Found a little more info on the Knight Web:

"The new Knight Vision features a hammerless design and combines a smooth break-open action that offers quick and simple breech removal and cleaning. The lever under the trigger guard easily rotates forward to break open the action. This unique design hastens barrel cleaning and insures a secure environment for your primer.

The Vision has its own quick detachable trigger mechanism that disassembles in seconds. The receiver design minimizes blow-back, keeping the trigger mechanism residue free, for a crisp clean ignition.

The Vision utilizes a reliable cross bolt safety. Continuing the tradition of 100% waterproof dependability, it uses the Full Plastic Jackets to encompass the 209 primer and a tip off extractor to speed up your reloading. The Vision is built around a Green Mountain barrel, known for their undisputed reputation in the field and at the range.

Another first for Knight, is the use of overmolding, which uses resilient composite polymers to coat the Vision's stainless steel receiver. The extra tough coating protects your muzzleloader from the effects of weather. You can order the Vision in either Mossy Oak Break-Up or Realtree Hardwoods Green HD."

Spec on Mossy Oak, RT Finish the Same:

"KV06U .50 cal, MOBU

KNIGHT VISION, .50 cal, 26" Mossy Oak Break-Up camo barrel, 1:28 twist, 44 overall length, 7 lbs. 15 oz, the new Quick Release Drop open bolt system, fully adjustable Metallic Fiber Optic sights, Mossy Oak Break-Up composite stock and a composite polymer overmolded stainless steel receiver, with 14 1/2" length of pull.
GUARANTEED SHOT ACCURACY"

$421.00 Retail Price

Sounds pretty nice. Kind of covering the TC Omega type rifle with some extras. Price seems reasonable too.

I like the way it LOOKS... Certainly a lot better looking than the Revolution.

This is a nice looking gun,no hammer under scope. If it shoot like most knights it will be a winner.

Latest posts

Back