Lehigh 209 Bare Primer Adapter

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Swamp

Supporter
Supporting member
Reaction score
Ok I received my Lehigh BP and Bare 209 Primer Adapter. The Adapter does NOT fit into the Mountaineer bolt as there is a lot more material on that bolt body!! So I installed the Knight Bare Primer BP and the bolt will not close as the snout on the BP is too long! This whole conversion DOES NOT WORK in my Original DISC. So all this stuff is a bust! Dammit.

Ok I received my Lehigh BP and Bare 209 Primer Adapter. The Adapter does NOT fit into the Mountaineer bolt as there is a lot more material on that bolt body!! So I installed the Knight Bare Primer BP and the bolt will not close as the snout on the BP is too long! This whole conversion DOES NOT WORK in my Original DISC. So all this stuff is a bust! Dammit.
Dont give up on it yet. Show me some pics of the bolt with the adapter on or next to it, please.

You can also send that bolt to Knight and they will mill it down for you like they did mine. Well worth the effort and time.
Like MM said, dont give up on it yet.

So I think I ordered the wrong Mountaineer Bolt. I ordered the Bare Primer version, when I should have ordered the full plastic jacket Mountaineer Bolt.

This is why the adapter doesn’t fit because I have the 209 bolt.

So I think I ordered the wrong Mountaineer Bolt. I ordered the Bare Primer version, when I should have ordered the full plastic jacket Mountaineer Bolt.

This is why the adapter doesn’t fit because I have the 209 bolt.
Yes sir. You should have got the FPJ bolt. The adapter wont go into a bare primer bolt. I thought that you did order the FPJ bolt.

Last edited:
You can also just go with the bare primer bolt and Lehigh breechplug. Its a tight fit to get the primer in but it works. I have one set up like that .

Last edited:
You can also just go with the bare primer bolt and Lehigh breechplug. Its a tight fit to get the primer in but it works. I have one set up like that .
I did that and was wondering one thing? How close should the nose of the BP be to the back of the bolt face, which is the surface behind where the 209 primer sits?

I never measured but when dropping in the primer there was just enough space for it to move around a little. Maybe just try dropping one in and see if it fires okay; that's what I did and it all looked okay. Worked fine at the range just a bit of shaking to get it out.

Make sure that BP is all the way in too.

Last edited:
I never measured but when dropping in the primer there was just enough space for it to move around a little. Maybe just try dropping one in and see if it fires okay; that's what I did and it all looked okay. Worked fine at the range just a bit of shaking to get it out.

Make sure that BP is all the way in too.
place a primer in the bolt, close the bolt. if it closes it will work, if it doesn't you need the disc BP. if you need to shim the primer out, there are threads here on how to set the headspace of the primer and where to get the shims. mine worked perfectly without shimming.

Back