Load info for a White Armstech Whitetail .451

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steve egan

Reaction score
Hello to ALL DWB's:
I recently acquired a used White Armstech Whitetail in .451caliber.
The rifle has a 20" Bull barrel that is 1" wide at the breech and at the muzzle end of the barrel.
Looks like a black nitride finish????
I have not shot the rifle yet and I am interested in suggestions for a hunting load for Indiana's upcoming deer season.

Thank you; Steve

If youre using a full bore conical of 385 to 460 grains or so, a good starting load is around 65 grs of T7, 3f. If that shoots good, you might work your way up to 75-80 grains. Most find the sweet spot around 70 grains, with either 2f or 3f. Other powders may be slightly different depending on burn rates.
I've used pyrodex RS, P, and Triple 7.
Triple 7 is my choice, good velocities, easy clean up, and generally available. YMMV.

I have a few packs of the original white brand but I've read about everywhere on here no excuse bullets out of Utah are super close to the white but I can't say cause I have 0 experience with them

If youre using a full bore conical of 385 to 460 grains or so, a good starting load is around 65 grs of T7, 3f. If that shoots good, you might work your way up to 75-80 grains. Most find the sweet spot around 70 grains, with either 2f or 3f. Other powders may be slightly different depending on burn rates.
Triple 7 is my choice, good velocities, easy clean up, and generally available. YMMV.

Thank you for the loading information.

Even with my 345 gr conicals the above loads work great in my 451 White rifles . Start at 65 gr and work your way up swabbing between shots and see what your rifle likes.

Even with my 345 gr conicals the above loads work great in my 451 White rifles . Start at 65 gr and work your way up swabbing between shots and see what your rifle likes.

Sorry Ed, meant to type 345, just had a brain lapse. And yes, in my testing, the above loads will work well down the 345 or so grain bullets. As a matter of fact,the 345 "I" bullets Ed casts are things of beauty. Almost too pretty to shoot. I'm also trying some of his 465's this week in my 451 Super, if it will quit raining long enough.

My Whitetail .451 liked 777/fff 70grs and No Excuses 425grs. Sold it because I like using my two Whitelights as they are much lighter to carry. I still have about 90 bullets one of these days I put them in my Lee pot and make some .504s.

Latest posts

Back