Load was 2 rubber bands knotted together

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

snapbang

Imlay City Michigan
Supporting member
Reaction score
My wife and I were baby sitting our Grand Children this morning. I thought he was getting old enough to enjoy Papas rubber band gun. I brought it along with a bag of rubber bands to see what would happen. First we had to choose a good range where no one would be walking. Done. Then we needed a target. A folded page out of a coloring book worked for that. We sat down on the couch and looked through our ammo supply and found 4 rubber bands of similar thickness. (we want consistency and accuracy you know) Knotted them together to make 2 bands that were perfect in length and power to knock down a piece of paper at 10 feet.

We sat on the couch and I told him the proper way to address the gun. Keeping it always in a safe direction and pointing out we dont want anyone to get hurt, poke an eye out or something. Hold the gun this way and keep the fingers off of the trigger (cloths pin). Get your self lined up with the target then put your finger on the trigger but dont shoot yet. Now with the gun pointed at the target slowly squeeze the trigger. He did with my help and the rubber band hit with a slap. We did that for 2 hours. I think I have an heir to leave my guns. LOL

His other Papa was delighted to hear the news. Ive kown his other Papa for 15 to 20 years. Hes a hunter killer. We think this little fellow has good genetics to do the same.

IMG_2845.JPG

That's pretty darned neat! I'm going to tell my grandson about this and maybe make the great grandson a rubber band rifle. Thank you for the idea!

Very cool, look at that smile, but, how big of smile did papa have! Good job papa

Season will be upon us sooner than we know. Time to get ready.

This year we added a little barrel length to see if we can get a little more velocity.

:roll:

IMG_3003.JPG

🦌 :snipe:
🦌

Latest posts

Back