Loading Barnes TEZ bullets

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello,

I am loading Barnes 290 TEZ bullets into an Accura MRX muzzy. I purchased the Barnes bullet aligner for TMZ/TEZ bullets to help protect the polymer tip. What I realized is this aligned tool only has threads that work for the range rod. The CVA knuckle saver bullet starter I bought AND the collapsible carbon fiber loading rod that comes with the gun aren’t compatible with the aligner tool (ie they don’t have threads to attach it).

Will the knuckle saver bullet starter and loading rod damage these polymer tips on the TEZ bullets without the bullet aligner? Or will I be ok without the aligner? Any input is appreciated, thanks!

My setup for the Barnes T-EZs.

8iZ62lJh.jpg

Thanks! My main concern was the bullet tip getting deformed when seating the bullet during loading. Sounds like it’s not an issue.

I have a standard palm saver and my barnes bullet aligner fits it along with my range rod

Starting the bullet is the hardest part, so It is important to not damage the tip during the process. There are several companies that make polymer tips, so there are lots of starters that will do the job without damage. I make my own by attaching a jag to a wooden dowel.

I usually start it with my thumb then grab the rod at the spin jag and press down a few inches then continue to push rod normally. I use spin jag on all loads.

Latest posts

Back