Long Weekend

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RAF

Reaction score
Today is the beginning of a long weekend here. We'll be heading to our cabin at the lake this afternoon. Unfortunetly I probable won't get any fishing in. Have lots of chores to do around the cabin to get everything ready for another summer. Oh well, fishing this weekend is usually slow because of the cold water. Also will get boat ready and have to do some cleaning. I'll get it running to blow the fogging oil out of it. Don't know the state of the battery but it will likely need a charge as will the 2 deep cycle batteries. Oh well at least I'll be at the lake.

Glad to see you can get a chance to do some soft water fishing soon RAF, looking forward to some nice "eye" pics.

This time of year any big fish will be females full of eggs so they won't be kept. The smaller ones will be the males and will taste great :lol: Fishing should get hot in a couple of weeks.

Yesterday went well. Got lots of work done. The real shocker was when I took the cover off the boad. Milldew everywhere. Took a couple of hours to clean it up. Today I'll put the earmuffs on the engine, turn on the water and fire it up. There shoud be enough smoke in the yard that there won't be any mosquitos left. Those that survive will be easily found. Should be able to hear them coughing and hacking :D A few minor chores after that and then I'll be able to sit back and relax, maybe have a beverage :p

Sounds like a fun day ahead RAF! Thats the kind of "work" I like, messin round with my lil 25 Johnson. When I first fire mine up...same thing...lots of smoke burnin that foggin stuff etc out. NO mosquitos to be found! :D

I'm still glad i went with the 2 cycle vs 4. I keep my stuff forever and I think the 2 cycles will outlast 4 in the long haul. Time will tell. :D My 2 cycle Lawn Boy mower gave up the ghost 2 weeks ago...this year was its 29th!! Carb problem, not engine. :D No complaint.....except lawn boy no longer make a 2 cycle. :cry:

I would never trade my 4 stroke Yamaha for a 2, it is so quiet and fume free when trolling. Easy starting, it is a fine motor. We will see how it does on the long haul.

Got a point there Dwight. Maybe that Long Haul expectation of 20-30 years aint as important when your in your 40 & 50's. :lol: Those 4's are alot heavier though. :D

Rifleman said:
I know it is heavier but I got power trim and tilt anyway :wink:

I certainly would hope! :lol: I meant weight on transom.

Well, the weekend is over and everything went well. On Friday when we got there decided to put out some feed for the deer as I had a little left over. No deer touched it until 9pm on Sunday evening. 3 bucks showed up. Surprised to see the beginning of antler growth. One had a big body and the biggest antlers. They were about 12 inches high and just starting to fork. The other 2 were smaller bodied and smaller antlers, the smallest were only about 4 inches. It's amazing how thick they are. Tried for some pictures but may have been too dark. Haven't down loaded them yet. The deer were back this morning at 7am to finish off the feed. No does were seen. Must be busy having fawns in the woods.

Latest posts

Back