LOOKING FOR A NEW MUZZLELOADER

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DAVEMAN69

Reaction score
HELLO EVERYONE, IM NEW HERE AND I'M FROM INDIANA. THE LOVELY CORN COUNTRY. RECENTLY SINCE THE GUN SEASON IS ABOUT TO OPEN, I HAVE BEEN SEARCHING FOR A NEW MUZZLELOADER THAT HAS GOOD LONG DISTANCE ACCURACY BECAUSE I MAINLY HUNT OVER A HUGE CORN FIELD, I ALSO AM LOOKING FOR ADVICE ON WHAT KIND OF MUZZLELOADER THAT IS VERY RELIABLE WHEN IT COMES TO FIRING EVERY TIME.

THANK YOU

RANDY MCKEEVER
[email protected]

For my money I'd go smokeless with the savage. Shoots cleaner and a lot less cleaning. Also with the right powder and bullet/sabot combo you'll gain 4 - 500 FPS over most others which helps with longer ranges.

Welcome to the forum. It is great to have you here.

RAF has some good advise. The Savage ML-10II is a long range machine. With the right smokeless load, good optics, and a good projectile, 200+ yard shots are not impossible. Be sure your state allows smokeless before going that route. As for dependability, I have never read any issues of them being hard to ignite. Perhaps a Savage owner can help you out here.

Other good choices are the T/C Pro Hunter, T/C Omega, T/C Triumph, Knight Long Range Hunter, Knight Disc Elite, Knight Disc Extreme, I have read some good things on the Knight Rolling Block (which has caught my eye), and there are other brands such as CVA, Traditions, that claim they have excellent long range shooters. I personally would stick with the Thompson Centers, Knights, or Savage. But that is a personal opinion on my part.

Another good long range rifle out there is a T/C Black Diamond XR. They are old technology with the open breech, they are nasty for fowling up the scope and the breech, but when it comes to putting lead down range, they are an excellent rifle. I have one of them.

Lots of rifles to pick from. Read some of the posts on the different rifles. Feel free to enter the forums and ask all the questions you like about any rifle that strikes your fancy.

Welcome to the forum and the sport.

Latest posts

Back