Market status of T/C Omega?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

big6x6

Reaction score
Where is the T/C Omega in terms desirableness(?) these days?... Is it STILL the muzzleloader to beat? Is "take three pellets and call me in the morning" still the prescription? Are other muzzleloaders grinding away at the Omegas market share? Prices on new Omegas seem to have fallen lately as well. Just wondering because I've had one on the classified since 05/23 and have not had so much as a single inquiry. I feel like it is REALLY priced right as well. Seems like this time last year it wouldn't have lasted thru the first day it was listed!

big6x6 said:
Where is the T/C Omega in terms desirableness(?) these days?... Is it STILL the muzzleloader to beat? Is "take three pellets and call me in the morning" still the prescription?

Is this rhetorical?

Having a gun for sale here is not representative of anything-- your potential customer base (here) is less than 170 people, some not even in this country.

2004 was a down year for muzzleloader sales overall, and many here have taken advantage of giveaway deals on Disc Elites, NEF Huntsmans, etc.

CVA guns are having problems; aside from the obvious the Euro does not make cheap Charlie guns all that cheap anymore. They have completely given up on sidelocks-- the Bobcats, etc., are all discontinued.

The better guns don't wear out in a year. Even those with less than the best maintenance practices are ruining less guns-- blackpowder and Pyrodex are obsolete, Triple Seven is the current standard.

As far as I know, it's still the muzzleloader to beat. Like Randy said though, there are only a hundred seventy or so folks here so it's a limited market. Also you have to remember that it's the off season so few are looking for sporting equipment right now.

Having a gun for sale here is not representative of anything-- your potential customer base (here) is less than 170 people, some not even in this country.

Well SURE it is! It tells me 170 folks don't want a good deal on an Omega .50 but they DID want a good deal on a Savage ML-II .50 from Loggy! Just wondering if the Omega sizzle has fizzled and if most are now interested in trying smokeless? Hard to believe that out of 170 folks not ONE is interested. No one wants to move up, try something new, or happy with the Omega and just need a back-up?

Something else kind of interesting... Three years ago I wouldn't THINK of selling this muzzleloader!

I know of 600,000 people that don't want a good deal on ANY muzzleloader. :shock:

Pop it Gunbroker / Auction Arms-- it will be gone. Or, tell Tyrell he needs to stop borrowing your stuff. :?

A better answer is this: from its introduction, demand exceeded supply. Finally, that is no longer the case. Those who really want one, already have one (or two).

A lot of us do have them .Now if it was wood then it would be a move-up
such as Loggy's ,Four of us are going to Co, Elk hunting and we all have Omega synthetic (We are all Dutch) which is cheap, now if it was Laminate/stainless. Our backup will be a Savage Synthetic.
Redclub

big6x6 said:

Well SURE it is! It tells me 170 folks don't want a good deal on an Omega .50 but they DID want a good deal on a Savage ML-II .50 from Loggy! Just wondering if the Omega sizzle has fizzled and if most are now interested in trying smokeless? Hard to believe that out of 170 folks not ONE is interested. No one wants to move up, try something new, or happy with the Omega and just need a back-up?

Something else kind of interesting... Three years ago I wouldn't THINK of selling this muzzleloader!
I decided to upgrade this year and I look HARD at the Omegas. It was between the Omega and the Savage. I was skeptical after reading some of the SUPPOSED issues with the Savage. After reading here and other sights I realized that the claims were bogus. The Omega I looked at was 349.00 the savage was 550.00 from Randy. When I saw Loggys ad it was not a very hard decision Laminated stock Savage verse Synthetic Omega clean up verse NO clean up. No brainer my .02.

:D Hi Snuffy. You made a wise choice with the Savage 10 ML-II. There is alot of 10 ML experience on this Board to help you with different loads etc. You will find the 10 ML-II to be one of the most easy to maintain and user friendly muzzleloaders around.

The TC Omega is also a very high quality gun especially for those folks that cant use smokeless in their respective States. I own 2 TC flintlocks and they are Top Shelf quality wise in all respects.

Look forward to your 10 ML-II shooting reports when you get gun set-up!

I too had considered the Omega but then the Savage ML came out. I got the ML11 in a laminated stock in stainless and have been quite pleased with it.

big6x6 said:

Chuck, I would like to have your gun and the ML-II from Loggy. Just can't afford a DIVORCE at this time. :D I think you will sell it and it is a very good price from a person known for quality and care or equipment.

Mike

Latest posts

Back