Reunited with my omega

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Omidv

Reaction score
About 10 years ago I sold my T/C Omega. It was a 50 cal stainless fluted with pepper grey thumb hole stock. I had other muzzleloaders at the time that were new and kept me from regretting selling it at first. I had two new muzzleloaders. One was a prohunter endeavor and the other a Remington ultimate. After shooting and hunting with these two for a couple of years, they just weren’t the same as the omega. More years passed and I ended up getting two knight mountaineers and have been more than happy with them. The guy I sold my omega to is a friend and when I showed him a picture of the buck I shot last December, I asked about the omega. Turns out he hadn’t used it in years, since lower Michigan no longer has a muzzleloader season. He offered me a deal I couldn’t refuse. I would polish the wheels on his drag car and in return he would give me the omega.

Attachments

• 7AE2CCF3-F4AC-4177-BBCA-73D1DE6B00E3.jpeg
    7AE2CCF3-F4AC-4177-BBCA-73D1DE6B00E3.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 2
  • IMG_3629.MOV
    24.4 MB
  • IMG_3628.MOV
    18.7 MB
About 10 years ago I sold my T/C Omega. It was a 50 cal stainless fluted with pepper grey thumb hole stock. I had other muzzleloaders at the time that were new and kept me from regretting selling it at first. I had two new muzzleloaders. One was a prohunter endeavor and the other a Remington ultimate. After shooting and hunting with these two for a couple of years, they just weren’t the same as the omega. More years passed and I ended up getting two knight mountaineers and have been more than happy with them. The guy I sold my omega to is a friend and when I showed him a picture of the buck I shot last December, I asked about the omega. Turns out he hadn’t used it in years, since lower Michigan no longer has a muzzleloader season. He offered me a deal I couldn’t refuse. I would polish the wheels on his drag car and in return he would give me the omega.
Looks great, you definitely earned. Not you need to convince him to replace those old tires. That front tire looks terrible with all the dry rot. What will he trade you for a set of tires?

Thats just awesome that you got your old Omega back, & how you got it, & what you got it for, very cool.
Its sharp looking & I'll look forward to hearing about your first time shooting it.
When I left the metal workers union, I turned wrenches & did metal polishing out of my small garage. What work I got, besides doing things for myself ( like polishing my entire transmission case on my 56 Panhead I built ) were all car & motorcycle parts and a few boat parts here n there. Nice job on the wheels. I've done them too. Other than it being a messy job, I actually liked metal polishing.

Thats just awesome that you got your old Omega back, & how you got it, & what you got it for, very cool.
Its sharp looking & I'll look forward to hearing about your first time shooting it.
When I left the metal workers union, I turned wrenches & did metal polishing out of my small garage. What work I got, besides doing things for myself ( like polishing my entire transmission case on my 56 Panhead I built ) were all car & motorcycle parts and a few boat parts here n there. Nice job on the wheels. I've done them too. Other than it being a messy job, I actually liked metal polishing.
It can be a lot of fun at times, that is until there’s pits and they have to be sanded before polish. That’s when the fun ends! As soon as he told me if I polish his wheels he will give me the muzzleloader back, I almost said that’s it?

Added a scope this evening. Wish I was home earlier because it was perfect outside today. Zero wind.

Attachments

• 625FCD3B-6B46-44BB-A15B-2CEC4BFD6321.jpeg
    625FCD3B-6B46-44BB-A15B-2CEC4BFD6321.jpeg
    4.2 MB · Views: 0
  • A44D6A07-655F-4AA6-BD3C-F6B620D3F8E7.jpeg
    A44D6A07-655F-4AA6-BD3C-F6B620D3F8E7.jpeg
    4.3 MB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Back