T/C Omega 50 cal

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I stopped at my LGS on the way home and they had a synthetic stock stainless T/C Omega in the rack for $225. I didn’t look at it at all so I don’t know what shape it is in outside of thinking it looked clean. How do these shoot and is it worth the money. Not really looking for another muzzleloader, but the price seemed right. It was scoped also, but don’t know what kind it was.

Let’s hear what you think of the Omegas.

When CVA saw how popular the Omega was they put out 2 Kodiaks and BPI had the Apex for Winchester. They sold train loads of them in the bargain cave each year at Cabelas. I had the Apex 50 i bought for maybe $200. They ran huge closeouts on previous year models for years in the bargain cave. Never saw a regular Omega in there though. :p Maybe a Dream Season once that i should have bought.

They definitely copied the omega..and I think even got in trouble for it? My local gun store has an Apex right now for 175$..I have had a couple kodiaks..one was even laminated thumbhole stock .45..but they felt nothing like an omega

Well the like new Omega came home with me today. The rifling was crisp and clean. The breech area was a little dirty but a brush and patch cleaned it right up. I’m thinking this one has only had a couple of shots down range. It came with and older Tasco 3-9 that is crystal clear. I’ll post some pics of it later. Thanks for all the help.

Well the like new Omega came home with me today. The rifling was crisp and clean. The breech area was a little dirty but a brush and patch cleaned it right up. I’m thinking this one has only had a couple of shots down range. It came with and older Tasco 3-9 that is crystal clear. I’ll post some pics of it later. Thanks for all the help.
Congrats on the new addition to your family

CFAA44F2-C5CB-479A-BCA9-775CBBE46BAE.jpeg188AA4AD-C62D-4AEB-B983-A34ED4E156C6.jpeg

Here’s a couple quick pics of my more to me Omega. I stopped by my local reloading store on the way home to pick up some IMR4895 that had came in. They had the new style breech plug for it so I grabbed it also. I have to admit I pulled the trigger on it and it didn’t seem like enough force to set off the primer, so I put a primer in and popped it off outside. I was wrong, did what it was supposed to do. I gave it a good scrubbing and the bore looks like new. Very happy with my find. Now do I hunt with this one or my new to me CVA Optima V2? Decisions…

Last edited:
View attachment 28658View attachment 28659

Here’s a couple quick pics of my more to me Omega. I stopped by my local reloading store on the way home to pick up some IMR4895 that had came in. They had the new style breech plug for it so I grabbed it also. I have to admit I pulled the trigger on it and it didn’t seem like enough force to set off the primer, so I put a primer in and popped it off outside. I was wrong, did what it was supposed to do. I gave it a good scrubbing and the bore looks like new. Very happy with my find. Now do I hunt with this one or my new to me CVA Optima V2? Decisions l..
Clean looking.

View attachment 28658View attachment 28659

Here’s a couple quick pics of my more to me Omega. I stopped by my local reloading store on the way home to pick up some IMR4895 that had came in. They had the new style breech plug for it so I grabbed it also. I have to admit I pulled the trigger on it and it didn’t seem like enough force to set off the primer, so I put a primer in and popped it off outside. I was wrong, did what it was supposed to do. I gave it a good scrubbing and the bore looks like new. Very happy with my find. Now do I hunt with this one or my new to me CVA Optima V2? Decisions l..
Make sure you disassemble the firing pin bushing. If the rifle has been shot at all there may be some crud hiding there.

Went to the gun store this morning and my brother and I looked at the new Omega the guy had.As promised it is brand new in the box.All the paper work and all.It has the 28'' barrel with front and rear sights as well as a rail mount for scope.He was asking more than I cared to pay but my brother talked him into $300.00 cash.Now I have an action to put on my Woodman 45 cal sml barrel.I want to try and sale the stock and the barrel to pay for One of Boyds Coyote t/h stocks.Now to learn how to put the new action On Marks McGowan barrel.Ahy helpers so I do not mess this up?I heard it has only 2pins to take put and replace.By the way that is a great looking Omega there 10acres.Getting ready to tear mine down and see what it looks like.

Got the action and trigger off the new omega and put it on Marks Mcgowan barrel.It was a lot simpler after looking at it that listening to some one tell you.And got the high pressur 4 piece adjustable breech plug adjusted to fed 209a primers.Test fired 3 primers and the plug and primers came out as clean as they went in.

Latest posts

Back