MEMORIAL DAY

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cvilorio1

Reaction score
Well guys another MEMORIAL DAY is upon us, and like always I will be on my way to FT. BRAGG to pay my respects to my guys who made the ultimate sacrifice so we can enjoy the freedoms, and liberties we have. MEMORIAL DAY is about the FALLEN so please do not thank me for my service, just take time and observe a moment of silence around noon time, and give them thanks for what they did and pray for them. One day to I will join them. May GOD BLESS THEM ALL. Ray I will give them thanks in your behave.
Carlos
SMA_Dunway_Burial_at_Arlington_National_Cemetery_2008.jpg

This Holiday and thoughts just isnt enough respect in my book. We dont take care of the vets like we should untill that is done I feel like they arent getting the respect they deserve for what they have given up for my freedom and anyone elses. Al

To me, Memorial Day is very important.  I don't want to be maudlin, but I find the commemoration to be somber, a time to reflect and respect. It isn't always easy to pause and remember, but it is necessary.
I won't be going to any so-called Memorial Day sales. The day is too significant for me to trivialize it.
Ron

The ideal way to soak the meaning in is at Arlington cemetery at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier. 
If that marching sentry in that setting does not bring it home, you are likely already dead.

Same goes for the Arizona Memorial in Pearl Harbor.

Respect and honor and thanks to all who served and are still serving.

tomb-guard-night1_zpsrg93haut.jpg

uss_arizona_memorial_zpsume7zoew.jpg

I will be at Rosecrans Memorial Cemetery San Diego Ca. visiting my buds from Nam.
Enjoy your weekend your barbecue or your picnic. But never forget that Memorial Day is a holiday to HONOR a very real sacrifice.

Joe  S.D. Ca.

In the 6th grade our class had to memorize this poem. It didn't mean much at the time but sure does now.

In Flanders fields the poppies blow
 Between the crosses, row on row,
 That mark our place; and in the sky
 The larks, still bravely singing, fly
 Scarce heard amid the guns below.

We are the Dead. Short days ago
 We lived, felt dawn, saw sunset glow,
 Loved and were loved, and now we lie
 In Flanders fields.

Take up our quarrel with the foe:
 To you from failing hands we throw
 The torch; be yours to hold it high.