Morning visitor

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don’t hate them… I just have an irrational fear or them! 😂

We have a very few rattle in the bluff country here… but most everything else is nonvenomous.
I've bumped into a few in those bluffs over the years. The worst ones are those Massassaguas that live on the sandbars along the Mississippi River. They're nervous little shits that like to lay in the dense ground cover that offers good shade like the vast spreads of poison ivy that the sandbars can harbor.

For the most part, I'm a live and let live, kind of person. But, when something invades my personal space and poses any danger to me or my loved ones, people or pets, then it has to go.
I was out of town yesterday, so Norma called the neighbor. Roger came over with a shotgun and took care of it.
I'm of the same mindset, and the shotgun - will deff handle the bad snake. Instant Snake burger anyone?

I have never been bothered by any type of snake, now the wife on the other hand forget it. I run across rattlesnakes quite a bit at camp in central PA. If they aren’t near camp they get a pass but near camp they are done. We get quite a few of the yellow phase rattlesnakes. Here’s one that was to close.

Attachments

• IMG_5803.jpeg
    IMG_5803.jpeg
    4.2 MB · Views: 2
I have never been bothered by any type of snake, now the wife on the other hand forget it. I run across rattlesnakes quite a bit at camp in central PA. If they aren’t near camp they get a pass but near camp they are done. We get quite a few of the yellow phase rattlesnakes. Here’s one that was to close.
Duuuude, you must not have gotten the memo, that MML members must refer to their significant other as " Wifer, or The wifer " and they seem to enjoy it from what I hear as well. Soooo, carry on & good luck with that

For the most part, I'm a live and let live, kind of person. But, when something invades my personal space and poses any danger to me or my loved ones, people or pets, then it has to go.
I was out of town yesterday, so Norma called the neighbor. Roger came over with a shotgun and took care of it.
You know they taste like chicken right?

Latest posts

Back