Most excellent end to the season...

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jcchartboy

Reaction score
Greetings to all...

First, I apologize for my apparent absence over the past few months...I am fortunate to say that my life's adventures have been exceptionally fruitful...Unfortunately the experiences came at the expense of spending very little time at home, or writing about my experiences.. (I have only slept in my own bed on two weekends since labor day).

In any case...while I did not get a buck this year, I can honestly say this was an exceptional hunting season. While it required hunting until the 24th hour, the season closed for me with a bang!!!!

The bang was.... JCChartgirl firing 41.5gr N-110 behind the classic short black MMP, 250gr bonded SST combo!!!! :D

While the harvest was only that of a doe, this was Mel's first ever successfully hunt.

Sitting with Mel in the tree stand watching the rising sun on the final day of the NY's muzzleloader season was truly a great way to end the season. Watching her experience her first successful hunt was as they....Most Excellent!!!.... 8)

JC

119_1979.jpg

119_1988.jpg

BTW...For reference, the bonded SST performed exceptionally... The bullet passed through both scapula's, both sides of ribs, and exited with approximately 120-180% expansion.

The doe collapsed on the shot, she expired without traveling more than 5ft. (Most individuals would refer to the shot placement as that of a classic, high shoulder shot)

Assuming a consistent result could be had from this projectile...I would regard it as an extremely effective Deer Deringer.... :mrgreen:

JC

(And for those that do not know Mel...This is what she looks like when she is not wearing Mossy Oak Camo (that was produced in 1980), while hunting at 7:00am in the mornin .... :lol: )

116_1681.jpg

Thanks Jim,

...As a side note, the Tar-hunt Mountaineer also performed very well this season. In fact I had virtually identically results on a different doe with a 260gr Winchester Partition at 65yds.

JC

I know from first hand experience how proud you are! Looks as if she did a GREAT job!

WAY TO GO MEL!

JC

Mel is wearing Mossy Oak Treestand camo... :) Congrats on the doe!!

Congrats. on a fine way to end the season. How could you get so lucky to find a young lady that likes to hunt? I am still looking for one where I live. :yeah:

Mels hunt

HHMMMM..camo or cocktail party???

Nice pictures of a successful hunt and to have a spouse for a hunting partner.

Greg

WAY TO GO Mel!!!!!! Congrats on your first kill! Nice to see you posting again Jeff.

Back