Muzzle Jump

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blue-Dot-37.5

Reaction score
A good muzzle brake or correct porting helps! The Shotgun Shop did a couple of my shotguns and before/after testing showed about a 50% reduction in muzzle jump. Rifleman saw a muzzle brake design that I had on a rifle and it turns a 30-06 into a .243 in terms of muzzle jump. (it wasn't on a 30-06 tho.....) :lol:

The quickest answer I know is very simple, Hit on the first shot. :lol:

Indiana Hunter, now that I have gotten a little sleep I will try to give you a decent answer. Man this shift work is toughest on the turn from nights back to days.
Anyway, you did not say what weapon we are talking about, rifle, shotgun or pistol. So lets go with long guns first. It is all about postion. I say stuff like that all the time, but a rifle shooters world is built on position. You don't have to have the keenest eyesight in the world to shoot tight groups but you do have to have a great position. Many factors contribute to second shot accuracy but in a nutshell the position has to be tight and right. Straight lines, bone on muscle support, proper sling tension, proper cheek weld, etc. Good follow through is also crtitical. This is just the tip of the iceberg but you asked for a short answer! :D

Latest posts

Back