My CVA V2 Got WOBBLY at the range

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I purchased new last year/nitrated barrel ,extremely accurate , killed 2 deer @ 120+ yards this winter and took it to the short range (200 yds) taking advantage of some sun . I had just cast some new accurate bullets and a paper patch boolit and started @100 yds (2x7 )Leupold was already sighted in so got a couple on paper and moved to 200 . 2 misses and then punched the 6 inch gong ,and then stuff went down hill fast . Checking scope mount /cleaned BP /replaced 0 ring and reloaded and noticed a little side play and not locking up unless slammed hard . That ended my day in the sun ,now waiting on return call from BPI , hope I don't run out of coffee/Ed

If it locks when slammed I would make sure to clean the internals where the locking parts are .Powder residue could cause your problem,

If it locks when slammed I would make sure to clean the internals where the locking parts are .Powder residue could cause your problem,
All clean /firing kit changed out (have 3 extras) but this has been a progressive thing (I hate progressives) guess I'm lucky it isn't hunting season yet , I do have a backup (TC Renegade that shoots) . It does it with BP or BH 209 with my Magspark conversion (heard BH 209 is a no no with a side lock ,just don't tell my Renegade as it has been eating BH for many yrs without a BURP /Ed

All clean /firing kit changed out (have 3 extras) but this has been a progressive thing (I hate progressives) guess I'm lucky it isn't hunting season yet , I do have a backup (TC Renegade that shoots) . It does it with BP or BH 209 with my Magspark conversion (heard BH 209 is a no no with a side lock ,just don't tell my Renegade as it has been eating BH for many yrs without a BURP /Ed
Me too. My .45 LRH Rene loves blackhorn.

Back