My new Flintlock Pedersoli Alamo .50 caliber

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: My new Flintlock Pedersoli Alamo .50 caliber

What Mr. C has stated fits about 80% of flintlock issues, a small vent hole will always result in flashes from my experience. Good Luck Mike, thanks for the help Ron.  :ttups:

Hmmmmm. I only had two flashes but that was due to me not clearing the flash hole consistently. 

Mostly she is a nice fast lock.

I'll have a good look at my groupings this weekend and if needs be give it a whack with the mallet. ;)

Oh, did I say a whack on the front sight? I find it  more effective to give myself a whack on the side of the head. ;O)))) :D 
Ron

Lol tap, I meant to say tap. But anything involving adjusting the sights with a file or percussive force has a mental drill instructor screaming at me inside my head, asking me just what the actual living **** do I think I’m doing and to bump out press-ups until my eyes bleed.....

Yeah it’s the squaddie in me, I can’t help being irrational about screwing with non adjustable sights.

I don't know if it will help your groups or not but when I use 75grs or more of powder I always add a patch below the round ball. I use the same patches as used on the ball but I just barely start a patch and then add the PRB on top of that. The extra patch acts like a firewall and really protects the patch on the ball. Just a thought.

burlesontom said:
I don't know if it will help your groups or not but when I use 75grs or more of powder I always add a patch below the round ball. I use the same patches as used on the ball but I just barely start a patch and then add the PRB on top of that. The extra patch acts like a firewall and really protects the patch on the ball. Just a thought.
Interesting idea for sure, my patches are in good condition when they come out but it never hurts to try something new. :D

G'Day all.
                      gave my kentucky  .50 cal. flinter to my son in law .he needed it more than me......

when I first bought it, (Looked like a TRADITIONS)   I had constant misfires.......
I then deepened the pan with a dremel tool
opened the touch hole insert and coned the back.....
 I only used  3 F goex powder for  pan and main charge.......
good quality English flints from a muzzleloading supplier in   IDAHO.
60 grains for  paper punching .....80gr,+ and accuracy  goes away.

HOME CAST PURE LEAD BALLS.490 AND PATCHES LUBED with wonder lube.....
 no more mis fires after the above mods......ever !!!!!

I  now shoot a LYMAN .50 CAL TRADE GUN/CAP LOCK  and a SAFARI ARMS .50 cal...cap lock.

both made in ITALY.....3F seems to be cleaner than  2 F..... again,60 gr. for targets 80-90 for black bear  in 265gr. hardcast flat point in a Thompson Center yellow sabot.

M8TY from PERTH w.a.   LIKED MY FLINTER.....

CHEERS    Glenno / WASATCH CHARLIE

Latest posts

Back