My Sniper Rig

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Doohan said:
Looking good.... about time you shoot that thing.... It was about to have the action rusted shut! 8)

I'm just glad the dust mites hadn't eaten thru the action!

Seriously Jimmy...looks like you have probably found a good load. You gonna shoot groups at 200?

big6x6 said:
I'm just glad the dust mites hadn't eaten thru the action!

Seriously Jimmy...looks like you have probably found a good load. You gonna shoot groups at 200?

LOL :lol: You guys are just jealous 8) Truthfully Chuck next range trip will be some more testing @ 100 yds then 200. I seated the SMK's .010" off the lands for these groups. Darn Remington and the magazine box length dictates a seating depth that will be a minimum of .105" off the lands!!! :cry: I need to test the loads seated to magazine length and measure velocity. I'm told the ideal velocity for the mil-dot chart is 2,650 fps. So I may have to boost the powder charge a little, due to the deeper seating depth, to achieve that.

Can ya' buy ammo for it at Walmart?

That's the scope Del! Looks like an algebraic equation doesn't it!!! Rifle is a .308 so hopefully Wal-Mart still carries ammo for it :wink:

Good info there Dr. Phil :lol: Thanks!!

I'm gonna try RL15 w/ 42.5 and see where my velocity is.... I will also goto factory COL dimensions. I'm guessing our guns will like the same loads. At least I hope they do!

The true test will be which one shoots the best. With that goes the bragging rights and you can always kindly remind the other about that fact.

Nice groups Jim, can't wait to see what it will do from the bench. Your offhand position is really coming along. :D

Rifleman said:
Nice groups Jim, can't wait to see what it will do from the bench. Your offhand position is really coming along. :D

I think it's the sling you recommended 8) Or maybe the shooting glasses :poke:

Definetely the new shooting glasses.
webtinyme.jpg

Latest posts

Back