My Son scores

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My son went out yesterday and scored on this 8 pointer with his 451 White Whitetail shooting my 45-340I conical here in Pennsylvania. Range was about 45 yards. He ran about 45 yards or so before giving up the ghost. Turns out this buck was shot before but was hit below the spine about a couple of inches. It looks whatever he was shot with did no major internal damage as the bullet missed all organs.

Attachments

• C32692FE-71D0-4E74-8A4C-8695C72A1003.jpeg
    C32692FE-71D0-4E74-8A4C-8695C72A1003.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 2
My son went out yesterday and scored on this 8 pointer with his 451 White Whitetail shooting my 45-340I conical here in Pennsylvania. Range was about 45 yards. He ran about 45 yards or so before giving up the ghost. Turns out this buck was shot before but was hit below the spine about a couple of inches. It looks whatever he was shot with did no major internal damage as the bullet missed all organs.
Congrats!

What county are you hunting. i did all my hunting in McKean Cnty, next to NY border and Bradford, PA.

Way to go! I think I’ve hit that non vital below the spine place myself.

Congrats on the nice buck.
Im just curious where the previous non vital hit was. I'm guessing here but was it just below the spine but just above the lungs. Reason I ask is because I read and hear about the "high shoulder hit" that anchors the deer right now. Well, I tried that once. Yep, the deer went down on impact and kicked a few times and was back on his feet and gone. With very little blood trail that quickly petered out and deer lost. That was my first and only on purpose high shoulder shot. I'll stick with the bottom half of the chest cavity and watch the death run of up to 50 yards or so.

Latest posts

Back