My TRADITIONS 1858 BUFFALO BRASS FRAME 12' BARRELL

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trapperCVA

Reaction score
HE FELLAS
I ordered me a new Traditions 1858 Buffalo /Bison 12" Brass Frame .44cal Cap & Ball Revolver I bought it & a bunch of items to make me loading & shooting a bit faster & easier on my I also got me the LEE 6 cavity .454 Round Ball Mold with new handles bought me another LEE 4 20 Melting Furnace the one I have is getting old but it still does good I am going to be shooting the Triple7 FFFG in my revolver I AM GOING TO START WITH THE START CHARGE OF 22 GRAINS & I WILL NOT EVER GO BEYOND 24 GRAINS THE RECOMMENED LOADS WERE PRINTED AS FOLLOWS 22 GRAINS -30 GRAINS BEING THE MAX LOAD . I HAVE CAST ALMOST 1,600 .454 ROUND BALLS & I JUST ORDERED ME 25 POUNDS MORE OF PURE LEAD SO I CAN STAY WELL STOCKED FELLAS I AM TYPING IN CAPS TODAY BECAUSE I AM SO EXCITED ABOUT GETTING DEEP IN THIS BLACK POWDER CAP & BALL . I BOUGHT ME A GOOD HOTPLATE FOR MELTING DOWN MY NEW LEAD I AM WAITING ON THE CAST IRON POT I ORDERED TO ARRIVE .MY NEXT .44 CAL REVOLVER IS GOING TO BE THE PIETTA 1858 NEW REMINGTON TARGET MODEL WITH THE STEEL FRAME & A 8" BARREL. I WILL POST A FEW PICKS WHEN EVERYTHING HAS FINALLY ARRIVED MY FRIENDS

You can't go wrong with a steel frame 8" barrel 1858 PIETTA. I have had mine for well over 30 years and it is a shooter. Has the fluted cylinder and pearl like grips. It was my weapon of choice for years during the Arizona javelina HAM season. (Handgun, Archery and Muzzleloader.) Too old and geed up to chase those skunk hogs anymore.

Back