Need Advice on .45 cal Disc Extreme for accuracy and hunting

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Howdy

Looks like the Leigh conversion kit is the way to go. Where can I get one. Thanks to all for your help. This is going to be fun esp. if I get a elk tag.
Normax

Email Buddy Truckley to see if he has some left. Last word I had was that he did. These are "Kits", as in you get one Breech Plug AND one Adapter for the $45 price or 2 of each for the $80.

This is a copy of the last email I had from Buddy.

[email protected]

""Hey Shawn,

They are one delivered for $45 or two delivered for $80.

Thanks

Buddy T""""

Ventliners are available directly from Lehigh defense or from ArrowHead sporting goods.

https://www.lehighbullets.com/product-c ... ventliner/

http://www.smokelessmz.com/

Re: RE: Re: Need Advice on .45 cal Disc Extreme for accuracy and hunting

Normax said:
thanks to all
Here in Nevada we can use 209 and sabot but it seems from suggestions that non sabots/conical might give better accuracy with the BP209 or did I read this wrong. I am looking at keeping the .45 Disc Extreme based on shooting a wad with conical
Am I not understanding.? BTW we can use 1x scope if we are ocular handicapped (bling in one eye)

Thanks Normax

Bh209 really needs a good seal to ignition well and consistently. Both the primer and the projectile. I have had best results with sabots. Some shoot bore riders but usually put a wad under the bullet to get the requisite seal.

BH209 gets a bad rap from folks who don't bother to read the bottle and just assume it works like black powder. While its a black powder substitutes, it ain't black powder.

I strongly agree BH209 performs much better with a plug that seals well but you would be surprised how well a 1 hand loading projectile can shoot with BH209. Im pretty sure all of the last 5 winners (or more) at Friendship's Inline match have used a easy loading sabotless bullet with BH209. IIRC a few even set new records.

The bullets ive shot sabotless load with not much more than finger pressure. Ive yet to have a hangfire or fail to fire as long as the primer seals well and the flash channel is clean enough. Breach plug design plays a huge part too. All of mine are either Knight/Lehigh types or Savage plugs.

Back