So Knight DISC Extreme in 1:20 twist or not?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gregdaws

Reaction score
Disc Extreme 1.jpegDisc Extreme 2.jpegI'm looking for a 1:20 twist Knight Super DISC and I get these pictures sent to me. A DISC Extreme .45 with a serial # below 5000. I thought that 1:20 were DISC models with a serial # under 5043 for stainless with a fluted barrel (different for blued). Am I looking at a 1:20 rifle or did serial numbers begin from zero with each model ie MK85, LK96, DISC etc. Is there someone who can chime in and help me here. You guys have way more knowledge than me. Thanks

Also, What does MHC stand for?

too funny I now own that rifle
looking for some pet loads to start off with, I have lots of full bore .451 dia bullets to try over
Triple 7 3fg or goex .
I also have a 180 gr mold for 357 bullets and can get MMP Blue sabots 357/45 any suggestions

Last edited:
any suggestions
I can save you some headaches......avoid the 45x357 MMP Blue sabot. Its so short that anything longer than a 9mm 147gr is too long for the sabot. The Precision Rifle Bullet orange 45x357 is longer (also made by MMP) if you really want to tinker with it. Get a .355 sizing die from Lee too.

thanks for the info...not up on the sabot rifles much ...I will start to find components between now and spring and be ready when its not -30 outside

thanks for the info...not up on the sabot rifles much ...I will start to find components between now and spring and be ready when its not -30 outside
I have the same model of Knight .45 It loves 83 grains of BH209( weighed) harvester blue sabot with a 200 grain shockwave. Sighted 3 in high at 100yds, dead on at 180, 2 in low at 200. It is an absolute hammer on whitetail.

I have the same model of Knight .45 It loves 83 grains of BH209( weighed) harvester blue sabot with a 200 grain shockwave. Sighted 3 in high at 100yds, dead on at 180, 2 in low at 200. It is an absolute hammer on whitetail.
thank you for the tips

View attachment 19016View attachment 19017I'm looking for a 1:20 twist Knight Super DISC and I get these pictures sent to me. A DISC Extreme .45 with a serial # below 5000. I thought that 1:20 were DISC models with a serial # under 5043 for stainless with a fluted barrel (different for blued). Am I looking at a 1:20 rifle or did serial numbers begin from zero with each model ie MK85, LK96, DISC etc. Is there someone who can chime in and help me here. You guys have way more knowledge than me. Thanks

Also, What does MHC stand for?
I was happy to get this rifle for the price I paid $230.00 CDN shipped , but I can say the guy is shady ...have you ever bought a car and when you go to pick it up they swapped the tires for bald ones...
He sent me the pictures with one scope on it then when it hits my mailbox it has a cheap ass Bushnell 22 rimfire scope in the box with it. Do not trust that guy on Gunpost

I am now looking for a direct 209 primer system for it and have sent two emails off to Peter Vogel at
SSKfirearms ....still waiting to hear back on shipping to Canada???

Back