NEF 45-70 Converted

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Its a sml now n i had problems yesterday late afternoon. I had 4 DI modules the LRP was indented but no ignition. I had shot 5 times prior to this getting scope on target dot centered for a group size. Then the problem happened. Is it possible the firing pin has an issue ?

I dont have experience with the NEF. But i do have with DI.
1-did you recock and try again?
2-did you replace the module and fire the load?
3-did you deprime that module and see if it actually fired the primer?

Only misfire i ever had with a DI was when i forgot the powder. This was in an Accura.

I dont have experience with the NEF. But i do have with DI.
1-did you recock and try again?
2-did you replace the module and fire the load?
3-did you deprime that module and see if it actually fired the primer?

Only misfire i ever had with a DI was when i forgot the powder. This was in an Accura.
I tried 4 DI's in a row, the primers never went off. I don't know if same batch of primers had bad ones or not. I took BP out n powder, pushed the sabot/bullet out also. I had bought 1000 CCI LRP's. Seems everytime i fool with CCI i get burnt

So non of those last 4 primers went off? Sounds like a hammer, firing pin or spring problem to me, then. Ive used CCIs in my DIs and not had a problem(yet).
Do you have any LRMPs you can try?

I tried 4 DI's in a row, the primers never went off. I don't know if same batch of primers had bad ones or not. I took BP out n powder, pushed the sabot/bullet out also. I had bought 1000 CCI LRP's. Seems everytime i fool with CCI i get burnt
Well......not really. You can't get burnt with no flame 🔥
......lol......

I too ran into this with the DI system. Random groups of modules would suddenly fail to go off. Indented as well. Regardless of what primer I loaded them with. The only thing I have so far done to improve things was to seat the primers a little shallower in the module. It’s helped so far but time will tell.

I too ran into this with the DI system. Random groups of modules would suddenly fail to go off. Indented as well. Regardless of what primer I loaded them with. The only thing I have so far done to improve things was to seat the primers a little shallower in the module. It’s helped so far but time will tell.
What gun was that in?

They are the magnums
It also just may be the CCIs like you say? Thicker cup than other brands? Ive actually used some Large Pistol Primers and Large Mag Pistol Primers in brass modules and in my DIs just to see if they worked as well as LRP and LRMPs did. Didn't seem to make a noticeable difference to me at 100yds. Maybe LPMP would fire more easily in that NEF?

It also just may be the CCIs like you say? Thicker cup than other brands? Ive actually used some Large Pistol Primers and Large Mag Pistol Primers in brass modules and in my DIs just to see if they worked as well as LRP and LRMPs did. Didn't seem to make a noticeable difference to me at 100yds. Maybe LPMP would fire more easily in that NEF?
I will have to find some n buy a 100 to try them out.

I am thinking / pondering on this. I took my 3/8" socket n backed my BP out half a turn. Firing pin indented the primers. I am fixing to take a close look to see if the indentions are roughly the same depth

Latest posts

Back