new barrel for the renegade.

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

So I already did the green mountain drop in project so now I'm thinking something more different. I would like to put on a .58 for round ball but I'm thinking of buying a barrel blank and having the T/C breech plug installed. Looks like GM is out of them at the moment so I am looking for a different source. Any thoughts?

Most of the places like Track of the Wolf or Cains outdoors will have their gunsmith build you one. To save money you should send them parts off your old barrel. It won't be cheap compared to getting one from Green Mountain, but it will be a nice looking barrel. I'd ship them the whole rifle and that way when you get it back everything will fit. I did some calling around and asked about getting a barrel made up for my TC Seneca if I remember right the price was around $330 with them supplying the parts. I didn't want to pull stuff off my current barrel. In the end I found a guy who traded with me for what I wanted.

Track offers barrels precut for T/C type breech plugs for under $200. I suspect they will need to be fit. I don't have access to a lathe anymore or I'd do it myself. Tapping and drilling I can handle so underlugs and sights are no problem. Ya know maybe it's time to buy a lathe? Then I can cut qla's off and set breech plugs for my own barrels. It really looks like building classic ML rifles is much less expensive than building bolt action high power rifles.

Latest posts

Back