New MR-X

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I probably will get another Acura 50 cal sometime in the future I love to get one and work up a load and introduce someone else to muzzleloading with it but I will not buy one of their 45s until it changes, I know sometimes you get lucky and get a decent barrel I've had some excellent begara 45-70 barrels that just shot a hole I know they can make a good barrel when they want to, I just don't believe they're 45-70 barrel and they're 45 Cal 22 twists have anything to do with each other.

To be clear, the 15 days is a “no questions asked” warranty. That is separate from the limited lifetime warranty. If at some point after 15 days, there is truly a defect in the gun, it is still under warranty. The problem is getting them to admit there is a problem. If they can find a bullet/powder combination that shoots 2.5” at 100, then there isn’t a problem in their minds. 😳

On Midway, if you click on the CVA MR-X 45, you will see very positive reviews. it's rated 4.6 out of 5 stars. The problem is, if you read the reviews, they are ALL for the 50 cal. So, I wrote a review, had to give one star which is not deserved, and said Midway, fix your reviews which are all for the 50 cal not the junk 45.
So I get a reply, basically saying sorry about your problem, talk to cva.
NOTHING about their misleading reviews. So now my hair is on fire.
My latest email to Midway.

Jason, the only thing I expect from Midway is to FIX your reviews of this item. You are showing positive reviews for the WRONG item. Your reviews are for the 50 cal. The problem gun is the 45 cal. Well known that the 50 is a shooter, and that the 45 is a dog. Your review problem is misleading customers. 4 5 positive. Read up on the internet. EVERYONE WITH A 45 CAL IS SENDING THEM BACK TO CVA. No one would purchase one if the reviews were accurate.
Oh wait. I understand now.

Maybe they're sitting on 100 of them in stock and are concerned about how they're going to sell them, I wonder at this point in the timeline if there's any regret among those at cva who decided to build the rifle around the blue spaceship and forgive my sarcasm I'm trying to get past it ,I was so let down with the Paramount and the Acura 45s., and then there was the quality control with the blue spaceship base. We sure do live in a day where people read reviews don't we I would imagine those Folks at Midway are aware of it they're pretty good business people and I've always been a fan of Midway myself and if you think about it they might have so many negative reviews that if they start posting them it would be an avalanche

The problem with expecting Midway to show anything negative on their Midway controlled pages is that they won't post a thing that doesn't absolutely shine. That's why it's important to share the negativity AND the positive on pages such as these. Midway is about making money, truth be damned. Modern Muzzleloader allows people to share real life, in real time, issues on products that have otherwise been advertised in less than an honest light.

I have several VCA guns, all pre-X stuff. They all shoot lights out using whatever bullet/sabot/powder I want to use. CVA was just climbing back onto the hill a bit after getting a shaky start years ago. Imagine what this current storm will do their boat? The recurrence of the .45 caliber guns happened for a reason and its a shame the company tried to pull the infamous wool over the eyes of the experienced and the unknowing.

Latest posts

Back