New Rifle, CVA Optima V2 LR

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Heat

Supporter
Supporting member
Reaction score
Well I got sick of going back and forth. Have never heard a cross word on an Optima so took a chance. Very pleased! Went with a direct to consumer version from CVA, OD Green barrel version of the V2 LR. Fit and finish of rifle is great. Bore looks great so far but need to push some bullets down to see if it feels consistent. Came dirty as heck though! CVA has 10% off for signing up for emails, no tax and Free Shipping. $405 total to my house directly. Stoked!20230114_183710.jpg20230114_182408.jpg20230114_182731.jpg

That's a good looking Optima! I've been thinking about getting a Lr for my son and that's a good deal! I've got an Accura Lr and I love it!

I don't think it's a deal per se, as long as you get the 10% off code, you should be good.

Thanks for the heads up on the thread locker. Need to do that on another gun too. The camo is Veil Wideland I believe.

I have an older Redfield Tracker 3-9x40 that's on it already for testing.

Let us know how the tests go! What are you planning on shooting out of the Optima, powder, bullet etc. I'm shooting 80grn Blackhorn by volume with a Hornady Xtp 240 black sabot and Cci 209M primer out of my Accura Lr and it's a tack driver at 100yds!

I have the green and black XTPs, SSTs, and some Powerbelts to try but I am open to other options. All in that 250 grain range. Also 777 and Blackhorn 209 to try.

I have the green and black XTPs, SSTs, and some Powerbelts to try but I am open to other options. All in that 250 grain range. Also 777 and Blackhorn 209 to try.
You're definitely on the right track! Let us know how it goes! I'm very interested to see what the Optima Lr does!

I use 250 grain hornady sst with 120 grains of blackhorn, killed 4 this year. A 7 point and 3 doe's ,the optima v2 lr is a good muzzleloader. Also dropped 2 others with my crossbow and compound, that's the reason for holding up 6 , I was talking trash to a buddie!

Attachments

• 20221120_203938.jpg
    20221120_203938.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 0
  • 20221113_215734.jpg
    20221113_215734.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
  • 20230106_084754.jpg
    20230106_084754.jpg
    807.7 KB · Views: 0
That's a nice looking setup! Get it to the range and let us know how it goes! When I ordered my Accura V2 Lr from Cva it was supposed to be a thumbhole stock with the Veil camouflage but they sent me a Realtree Edge camouflage stock! I ended up keeping it because I liked the looks of it but I'm second guessing that after seeing your Optima! 😁

That's a nice looking setup! Get it to the range and let us know how it goes! When I ordered my Accura V2 Lr from Cva it was supposed to be a thumbhole stock with the Veil camouflage but they sent me a Realtree Edge camouflage stock! I ended up keeping it because I liked the looks of it but I'm second guessing that after seeing your Optima! 😁
I have the Accura v2 thumb hole 27 inch. I just didn't want the extra length or weight of the LR.

Did yours come with a thumbhole stock or the regular? If they sent me the wrong gun unfortunately I would have sent it right back. Thankfully the one they sent me looks really good and I have looked it over very well. Took a while to get the bore clean enough to get it properly inspected visually. It had a lot of plastic residue or something like that in it. Maybe from a sabot from test firing, I don't know but it gunked up my wire brush with it. Now that is is clean it is flawless from what I can see.

Last edited:
I have the Accura v2 thumb hole 27 inch. I just didn't want the extra length or weight of the LR.
I liked the idea of a 27" barrel but those models have been sold out and not available for quite a while. Not sure the 28" gun with the TH stock weighs much more than the 26" gun with the regular stock but not sure. CVA shows the same weight. Haven't weighed them all. Mine is just a hair over 8 pounds with the scope mounted.

Edited my post, realized Dikar and Bergara are the same.

Last edited:
Did yours come with a thumbhole stock or the regular? If they sent me the wrong gun unfortunately I would have sent it right back. Thankfully the one they sent me looks really good and I have looked it over very well. Took a while to get the bore clean enough to get it properly inspected visually. It had a lot of plastic residue or something like that in it. Maybe from a sabot from test firing, I don't know but it gunked up my wire brush with it. Now that is is clean it is flawless from what I can see. I think the other company making barrels for CVA might actually be doing a better job than Bergara hearing and seeing the issues that our other members have had with those Accuras.
I did get the thumbhole stock! I most definitely would have sent it back if it would've been a regular stock! I just got the Realtree Edge camouflage instead of the Veil camouflage. Mine was dirty when I got it too but it didn't take much to get it cleaned up.

Back