new to me 75.00 Renegade

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dbowling1

Reaction score
bought this Renegade off a friends father-in-law for 75.00, it came with a nice Burris 1.75x5 power scope.. the barrel was rusty as all get out and the stock had about 1/16 in thick coat of camo paint, this is what it looks like after about 10-12 hrs. of cleaning/refinishing...
http://www.imagebucket.net/bucket/is.ph ... G_1317.JPG

also a target I shot today with Hornady 240 gr. XTP w/green sabots offhand at 37 yds except for last shot which was at 50 yds offhand... the 1st 2 shots were w/Pyrodex RS ignited by musket cap and they both had like a 1/2 sec. hangfire, so switched to Goex 3f blackpowder and ignition was instantaneous.. even with a barrel that was as bad as it was this guns going to be a shooter, sabots load pretty easy so it must not be pitted to bad either, oh yeah I swabbed between shots with a damp patch w/spit.
http://www.imagebucket.net/bucket/is.ph ... G_1316.JPG

That is a nice looking rifle. And for that price you really got a heck of a deal.

For off hand.. that is some real good shooting. Great find there.

That's one sweet Ml you got there.

What a find.

Should you with to bore it out to .54 cal and it have it shoot like new again you can send it off to Bob Hoyt and he can bore it to shoot .54 Cal Patch and ball or .54 cal Sabot and Conicals. Not both.

He charges about $85 bucks and does a wonderful job.

Nice. Got a before pic? Sounds like a good deal.

pic

forgot to take a before pic but just imagine 70`s military camo patterns painted on a gun it wasnt a pretty sight.

As far a boring it out to 54 going to shoot it like this for awhile and if it doesnt work out will go that route..

Anyone know where to get a fiber optic front sight for it, my eyes are getting to old to see these metal front sights in the woods..

mcp said:
Nice. Got a before pic? Sounds like a good deal.

deal

cayuga, at the same time from the same guy I bought a Knight BK-92 w/a Simmons .44 Mag 3x10 scope(made in Phillipines) for 75.00 also...pretty good day..

cayuga said:
That is a nice looking rifle. And for that price you really got a heck of a deal.

For off hand.. that is some real good shooting. Great find there.

Latest posts

Back